Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit CCS compatibility onto earlier (NA) Model 3 - DIY approach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(moderator note)

Unless the person is also a vendor, we (moderators) will remove the thread as advertising.

This thread already contains way (way way) too much discussion of sales or attempts at selling stuff from people who are not vendors on TMC. I have tried to pretend not to notice it all because of the way this thread started, but (for example) a business created an account, jumped in here, and started trying to talk about their product.

That requires being a vendor here on TMC. The site admins handle that, but we (volunteer admins) normally remove those posts, and notify the site admins to take action there.

TL ; DR ... way too much sales talk in this thread already, I suggest it pivot back to install etc, and I suggest no one post about selling things themselves.
My apologies, I was actually trying to say that if there's going to be more discussion of that adapter and if/how well it works at all that it not take place here and go be someplace else, but if the preference is just "it shouldn't happen at all" I'll drop the topic of specific third-party adapters entirely.

(moderator note)

Its pretty clear to me that, at least since around page 18 or so of this 65+ page thread, the focus has pivoted to "harumio", buying ECU adapters from tesla or other places, and bundles of wires.

I am going to lock this thread, and refer it to the site admins for a decision on if they want to re open it or not. That decision will be up to them.

• Disagree
Reactions: FalconFour
My apologies, I was actually trying to say that if there's going to be more discussion of that adapter and if/how well it works at all that it not take place here and go be someplace else, but if the preference is just "it shouldn't happen at all" I'll drop the topic of specific third-party adapters entirely.

Note that I wouldnt mind a thread about "I used this adapter and it works, organically, from members here. What wouldnt be allowed is a commercial entity who is not a vendor posting bout their adapter they are developing (which is frankly what happened).

In any case, I referred this thread to the site admins, and if they want to re open it, they will do so.

I was not trying to sell. I only wanted to share my experience about what I encountered. Please delete my posts if you feel I was trying to promote them. I’m just trying to help other people with options as Harumio just cut CCS1

It wasnt you this was directed at, I dont want you to think this thread is locked because of what you posted.

Reactions: Ghostml3
Status
Not open for further replies.