Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

retrofit for heated steering wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i hope this is not the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla says you can only retrofit the heated steering wheel if you retrofit the entire winter package - meaning new rear seats, new steering wheel, new windshield, new wiper sprayers, and maybe even new wipers. That will likely run at least $7k, if not more.

I just heard back from Tesla and they will not retrofit unless you have the cold weather package. I don't have the package as it didn't include the heated steering when I ordered my car so I passed on that option. Oh well.
who did you contact? id be willing to reach out and find out cost for us with the cold weather package. Thanks.

Edit: PM'd you patrick.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as Bobby -- just missed the heated wheel (some people who ordered at the same time got it). I do have the winter package, just not the wheel itself. I'd seriously consider the upgrade. Please post if you get a quote. If I talk to them soon, I'll ask myself.

Got off the phone with the local SC (tysons), and they said certain vins were locked out from the retrofit. Mine was apparently (P61xxx), but if they could it was estimated at $2400.... so yeah.... even if I could get it, that's an absurd price for something I haven't really missed.