Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit for Steam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
…Unless there’s any rain. Or sun glare.
I've had no issues with rain or glare with FSD beta in the last few weeks, although several times in very heavy rain it had me take over. Totally impressed with handling the sun. At this time of year, we have one hilly freeway (280) that I drove just as the sun was coming up. Multiple times the sun was directly in my eyes and the roadway. FSD handled it better than I could have. The sun was so direct, I couldn't see the lane lines and I was worried about taking over. Glad I don't have to drive it every day.

i would like to know when they gonna address the wiper and matrix headlight.
I thought matrix headlights are still restricted by the government (USA). I know it's been "approved" to be allowed, but don't know the timeline. Tesla and others can't do anything to change from static operation to dynamic until regulators allow it. Google wasn't much help other than to say it's in progress.

I've had no issues with rain or glare with FSD beta in the last few weeks, although several times in very heavy rain it had me take over. Totally impressed with handling the sun. At this time of year, we have one hilly freeway (280) that I drove just as the sun was coming up. Multiple times the sun was directly in my eyes and the roadway. FSD handled it better than I could have. The sun was so direct, I couldn't see the lane lines and I was worried about taking over. Glad I don't have to drive it every day.
Come to Seattle and try! 😅

How fascinating. I was under pretty sure guidance that the 16gb MCU didn’t come until Feb 2022. I also have a December 21 Plaid that does not have the requisite hardware for steam. Are you certain yours is a December 21 build? And have you had any warranty parts swap on your cars? Your the first 2021 that I’ve heard got steam…
Yep. Picked it up December 24th 21... Its actually a MY22 they had just switched over. No warranty parts swapped that I'm aware of.

The picture that got my attention for this car had Witcher 3 in it. The car I bought cannot play Witcher 3. There was no disclaimer mentioning an upgrade would be required. This is false advertising.

If anyone goes the small claims route, let me know how that goes! I may do the same.
Without going into detail, and without talking about Tesla specifically: I can say that going the route of small claims court is typically very beneficial for the little guy going up against a big company. Especially when it’s quite easy to prove false advertising. often times big companies rely on statistics that show that 90% of people will not come after them in small claims court. And financially it’s not worth it to defend yourself against the 10% that do..

Disclaimer: the above is in no way related to any legal action involving Tesla, past present or future.

I’m part of the 10%. That’s all I will say about that.

I thought matrix headlights are still restricted by the government (USA). I know it's been "approved" to be allowed, but don't know the timeline. Tesla and others can't do anything to change from static operation to dynamic until regulators allow it. Google wasn't much help other than to say it's in progress.
few days ago i saw a gls450 with multibeam functioning in front of me in dark.

Reactions: leecox
I have a Model S refresh picked up Dec 2021. Love the car. I have added features to make it a car I want to keep.. So far, I have FSD, a full 360 steering wheel, a hitch for my bikes and now steam. I am hoping for a tilt screen and hardware 4 when that becomes available.

I have a Model S refresh picked up Dec 2021. Love the car. I have added features to make it a car I want to keep.. So far, I have FSD, a full 360 steering wheel, a hitch for my bikes and now steam. I am hoping for a tilt screen and hardware 4 when that becomes available.
Did you pay for the retrofit? Or were you one of the very rare early models with the early hardware changes?

I tried to request a retrofit at Tesla Tysons Corner in VA and they flat-out said “we don’t have such thing” LOL

Are there any confirmed examples yet of someone getting the upgrade installed and then actually getting access to Steam? My concern based on past history would be that people pay to get the upgrade installed, and then have to jump through another set of hoops to get the Steam software.