Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit for Steam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By any chance can you post your latest service invoice of the last visit, want to show my service advisor they said it wasn’t available yet.
You need these 3 parts :
1. TLA,AP-T,CONN-Q,MCU-Z,MSX FUSED(1637790-S0-F)
2. Ethernet Diagnostic - RJ45Module(1681904-00-A)
3. MCU,RJ45,JUMPER(1783315-00-A)
the latest service invoice does not show the ethernet and jumper as these were installed in a previous service.
Attached is the latest service invoice. I am also adding the previous invoice with the 3 needed parts.

Attachments

• Tesla steam retrofit final invoice edited.pdf
    59.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Tesla steam retrofit second invoice edited.pdf
    57.2 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: vberber
I was in the same boat bought a plaid 2021 December they told me I needed to pay 2k for 16bg ram upgrade I argued elon showed it playing ps5 level games in June of 2021. They initially said no I emailed tesla customer service they got back to me and basically to my shock did the right thing. I had already called Better business bureau but I cncelled the complaint. My car is on shop now being upgraded for free. They actually did the right thing. But u have to push they advertised through elon on Twitter I June 2021 the refresh could do this and then tried ro pull the okie doke and charge for upgraded computer elon says in his post you have a 16gb computer maybe there was a shortage at the time and some of us got the 8gb but they seem to know it's a mistake. If u have a refresh email tesla they will do the right thing don't pay for upgrade.

Reactions: Fulkth and bhzmark
I was in the same boat bought a plaid 2021 December they told me I needed to pay 2k for 16bg ram upgrade I argued elon showed it playing ps5 level games in June of 2021. They initially said no I emailed tesla customer service they got back to me and basically to my shock did the right thing. I had already called Better business bureau but I cncelled the complaint. My car is on shop now being upgraded for free. They actually did the right thing. But u have to push they advertised through elon on Twitter I June 2021 the refresh could do this and then tried ro pull the okie doke and charge for upgraded computer elon says in his post you have a 16gb computer maybe there was a shortage at the time and some of us got the 8gb but they seem to know it's a mistake. If u have a refresh email tesla they will do the right thing don't pay for upgrade.
It would be great if you could supply the email that you sent it to and exactly what you said in your email.
Thanks.

Reactions: bhzmark and Evee
It would be great if you could supply the email that you sent it to and exactly what you said in your email.
Thanks.

Below is the email I sent they call me directly and spoke to me on the phone basically said it was their error.

I thought it was pretty clear when elon made his posts about the plaid it would be able to play ps5 level games specifically cyber punk and it was advertised as being able to play the Witcher on the tesla website when it launched. I originally wanted the plaid plus but when that wasn't available I went ahead and purchased the plaid initially to be delivered in February of 2022 but then I thought I got lucky was able to get an early delivery of December 2021. I was told by staff at delivery location eventually a software update will allow all the gaming that was promised. Now the software update comes and I'm told if I want the gaming that was promised in June of 2021 when the plaid initially came out I need to spend 2k more for supposedly something that was supposed to be present 6 months prior to my purchase. I understand tesla improves the cars constantly and they get better with software updates. But this was supposed to be already in the cars 6 months prior to my purchase. And I come to find out other plaid owners have gotten the software update the same one I got and they now have the gaming promised when the car initially came out and dont have to pay an additonal 2k. They have the gaming capabilities it was promised to have on launch of the vehicle by elon.

Why is my car different than there's if thus capability was present in elons car like he said 6months prior to my purchase? I could have been one of the early plaid buyers but specifically waited sometime to let all the initial kinks be figured out before I went and bought mine.

Please help me understand

(I had my phone number listed here (I removed it for this post)

I saw ur missed call didn't realize it was tesla or would have answered.

If you call they will get back to you via phone message and email I don't want to place the person whose called and emailed me back ( not trying to get this lady in trouble) but go through the process it worked for me.
This was their initial response then we spoke on the phone did some research and got back to me

Thank you for reaching out in regards to your concerns about the capability of your Model S. I’ve reviewed your concern and just want to take some time to provide some additional clarification on the vehicle capabilities.

The advertised capability of the vehicle is that it has “10 teraflops of processing power” (www.tesla.com/models 12/28/22 10:54am). I did also review the tweet you cited, and found that the statement was “new Model S & X have PS5 level entertainment computing power” (Twitter, Elon Musk, 1:45a, 6/1/21). This statement does not mean that it is PS5 compatible, simply that is has the similar impressive level of computing power.

I would be happy to connect further if the above information does not help alleviate your concerns, I can be reached at xxxxxx The best way to contact me is via email as I am not frequently at my desk, and I would be happy to call you back in return.

Thank You,

Reactions: Daniellane
Tesla should fix this problem I would have been willing to pay for the service hourly rate but they should in the least cover the hardware coat since they promised something was there during purchase and then not provide it then ask you to pay 2k more for the thing they promised with the car when it was purchased.

(Horrible English sorry above)

I hope this helps other people out there

Screenshot_20230116_182156_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg