Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

retrofit glass roof?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a P85+ with a normal metal roof - and I was wondering. Since the roof is bonded onto the rest of the car, would it be possible to retrofit a glass roof? Not the electric sunroof - but the all glass roof some of the other models have?

..Let's keep the costs out of it for now :)

Well, certainly if money was no object then yes, it would be possible.

That said, I can’t imagine that it would realaly be feasible. It would likely be a decent amount of work and not only would you need to worry about potential leaks, but also compromising safety.

Why would I compromize the safety - other S models have the glass roof. As far as leaks go - if the glass gets bonded/glued there should not be any issues. It's just like replacing the windscreen - that also needs to be water tight. :)

I think this will be our next retrofit we do here at EVFIXME. Dont know if it will work unless we try.
We already retrofitted AP1, automatic open/close charge port , front facelifted bumper with hood and headlights and the premium seats ...this can be our next task...Converting our Signature model S with full glass roof.
Anyone have any tips they can give us?

I think this will be our next retrofit we do here at EVFIXME. Dont know if it will work unless we try.
We already retrofitted AP1, automatic open/close charge port , front facelifted bumper with hood and headlights and the premium seats ...this can be our next task...Converting our Signature model S with full glass roof.
Anyone have any tips they can give us?
Were you able to retrofit the all-glass roof onto your Signature MS? Were you able to identify if any additional structural components were required? Based on the Model S parts list, I don't see different A/B/C pillar parts for solid roof, sunroof roof, and all-glass roof configurations. I only saw different B-pillar components for AP0/1 vs AP2+ due to the camera openings. I'm interested in the all-glass roof retrofit as well if you've managed to pull it off.