Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit my Tesla, that’s so Raven.

What would be the coolest retrofit Raven parts?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

buttershrimp

Click my signature to Go Mad Max Mode
Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2017
ATX
This thread is dedicated to those people that have an unhealthy emotional attachment to their current Tesla and wish to improve it, even if it means spending stupid amounts of money to upgrade.

So let’s talk about the challenges and strategies!

Reactions: P85_DA and SilverGS
Well in my case the challenge is that I ordered a Raven replacement to my perfectly serviceable 4yo P90D at the end of April, and I'm still waiting. The 4 months delivery time needed for this part of the world puts me perilously close to the upcoming full metal refresh Elon swore isn't happening...

So strategy...well one thing I did was get a guaranteed trade-in price for my existing car - which means all I have to do is sell it privately for more. Another thing I did was switch from S to X, because it is 4 years newer and therefore less likely to undergo a major refresh. The new Raven X actually has better performance than the S I am driving now; more range, better acceleration, smoother ride, faster charging, FSD versus AP1. Amazing.

I have to admit though, if there was a completely new Model S I would probably be going for that instead...

One more thing...I still think the X is hideously ugly when compared with the S, so I am doing a lot of research into after market wheels, wraps, chrome delete...etc. Need some optical trickery to make it look good to me.

Well in my case the challenge is that I ordered a Raven replacement to my perfectly serviceable 4yo P90D at the end of April, and I'm still waiting. The 4 months delivery time needed for this part of the world puts me perilously close to the upcoming full metal refresh Elon swore isn't happening...

So strategy...well one thing I did was get a guaranteed trade-in price for my existing car - which means all I have to do is sell it privately for more. Another thing I did was switch from S to X, because it is 4 years newer and therefore less likely to undergo a major refresh. The new Raven X actually has better performance than the S I am driving now; more range, better acceleration, smoother ride, faster charging, FSD versus AP1. Amazing.

I have to admit though, if there was a completely new Model S I would probably be going for that instead...

One more thing...I still think the X is hideously ugly when compared with the S, so I am doing a lot of research into after market wheels, wraps, chrome delete...etc. Need some optical trickery to make it look good to me.

Your sentiments mirror mine. The X is probably a better car, but I just can't swallow the appearance. I notice you are trading your P90D but it appears you did or currently own an 75D? If you still own it, how does it compare to the 90? I have a 17 MS 75D and my only lament is the range.

Your sentiments mirror mine. The X is probably a better car, but I just can't swallow the appearance. I notice you are trading your P90D but it appears you did or currently own an 75D? If you still own it, how does it compare to the 90? I have a 17 MS 75D and my only lament is the range.

My 4yo P90D gets 331 km / 206 miles at 90%. My wife's 2yo 75D gets 327 km / 203 miles at 90%. They basically have the same range. Agree with you on your lament. Another 80 miles or so would be much nicer.

• Helpful
Reactions: petecrayton
Pros:
- Range
- More efficient power train
- Faster charging
- Updated MCU/AP combo

Cons:
- no pano roof
- no RWD
- no real leather
- no alcantara
- no reimbursement for taking the leap of faith and buying FSD
- serious hit to the wallet for prematurely replacing the perfectly working vehicle
- breaking my own promise to reach 100k miles or more on this car

Further justification to chose reason over lust:
- we all got partial bump in charging speeds, which helps
- the SC network is only expanding, making less and less places without a reach, even by S75

Of course, I listen to the voice of reason today. Who knows about tomorrow :)

Reactions: outdoors
Pros:
- Range
- More efficient power train
- Faster charging
- Updated MCU/AP combo

Cons:
- no pano roof
- no RWD
- no real leather
- no alcantara
- no reimbursement for taking the leap of faith and buying FSD
- serious hit to the wallet for prematurely replacing the perfectly working vehicle
- breaking my own promise to reach 100k miles or more on this car

Further justification to chose reason over lust:
- we all got partial bump in charging speeds, which helps
- the SC network is only expanding, making less and less places without a reach, even by S75

Of course, I listen to the voice of reason today. Who knows about tomorrow :)

I hear you; I would be a wealthy man today had I followed that advice maybe 30 - 40 cars ago! I have only been on two road trips with my S75, from the east coast to the west coast of Florida! But they were white knuckle. I got there fine, but nothing extra to explore the area if I hoped to get back to the last charging station. Otherwise I love my S and would not trade it for any other make or model on the road today.

Reactions: arcus
This thread is dedicated to those people that have an unhealthy emotional attachment to their current Tesla and wish to improve it, even if it means spending stupid amounts of money to upgrade.

So let’s talk about the challenges and strategies!

The only reason I would consider looking into this is the lack of a sunroof with newly ordered Model S.

I can't imagine buying another Model S without a sunroof and none of the Ravel features are important enough for me to no longer have a functioning sunroof. I doubt I'm alone and I really wish they would bring back the sunroof.

I don't think there's silica wiring.

The drive inverter for the switched reluctance motor uses silicon carbide based transistors in the power electronics for reduced losses.

Dude, maybe you didn’t realize from the sheer stupidity of the thread I just invented... and also the multiple grammatical errors ... that I don’t know the difference between a “silica” or a “silicon” let alone the difference between a “carbide” and a “carabiner” I just know one of them goes in breast implants and the other is for rock climbing... now if you will please turn your attention and High IQ to solving the puzzle... how we upgrade our Tesla into a FRavenstein Monster!