Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit Premium Interior Lighting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the process of installing aftermarket ambient lighting under the door armrests and am going to tap into the always on 12v going to the window switches. Currently, I have the backdoor panel off and those switches have four wires. I think the lighting power and ground are the two middle wires but I am wondering if someone can confirm this for me? I haven't taken the driver's door panel off yet, so it would be helpful to also know which two wires are providing the 12 volt and ground for the lighting on that switch. Finally, I haven't yet cut a slit in the door to insert the same light bars that EBill recommended above, as it feels like there isn't going to be enough compression in the fabric to hold the bar in place. If anyone else has done this it would be great to hear how you secured the bar or other lighting fixture in place. Thanks in advance for whatever help anyone can provide.

I am in the process of installing aftermarket ambient lighting under the door armrests and am going to tap into the always on 12v going to the window switches. Currently, I have the backdoor panel off and those switches have four wires. I think the lighting power and ground are the two middle wires but I am wondering if someone can confirm this for me? I haven't taken the driver's door panel off yet, so it would be helpful to also know which two wires are providing the 12 volt and ground for the lighting on that switch. Finally, I haven't yet cut a slit in the door to insert the same light bars that EBill recommended above, as it feels like there isn't going to be enough compression in the fabric to hold the bar in place. If anyone else has done this it would be great to hear how you secured the bar or other lighting fixture in place. Thanks in advance for whatever help anyone can provide.

Maybe some info that I posted in this post would be helpful to you.
My non-PUP has puddle lights