Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit Texas MY parcel sherlf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I was on a recent road trip I met a Tesla employee who was maintaining a supercharger site and he showed me his Texas built Model Y.
I was most interested in the parcel shelf as I have an aftermarket one I have since removed that I was not happy with.

He said it was possible to retrofit by buying the parcel shelf and the two side panels for the trunk (which now have grooves to hold said parcel shelf, unlike mine).

I looked around the online Tesla parts catalogue and found what I believe are the correct parts below.
What I'm not sure about is if the new TX side panels are backwards compatible to a Freemont car. I would guess so but don't know.

Has anyone tried doing this?

From here:
  1. Home
  2. Model Y
  3. 15 - INTERIOR TRIM
  4. 1511 - Trunk Trim
  5. Trunk Interior
END ITEM, PARCEL SHELF1641293-97-BOver-the-Counter(No VIN)

From here:
  1. Home
  2. Model Y
  3. 15 - INTERIOR TRIM
  4. 1530 - Carpeting and Mats
  5. Trunk Carpet and Side Finishers
END ITEM,TRUNK SIDE TRIM LH, TX1670641-98-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)
END ITEM,TRUNK SIDE TRIM RH, TX1670642-98-AOver-the-Counter(No VIN)

I have not tried it ye as my local SC is in my bad books because they won’t sell me the charging ECU so I can upgrade my car to CCS capability and I figured I’d do both at the same time. So currently I’m doing neither until I can get hold of a charge computer…

Reactions: Chickenlips
Someone posted a link to one on Amazon, but most reviews said it was too wide and scratched both sides. I had one in both of my Volts, and liked it unless I had to remove it to haul something big. It might help with heating in the winter and possibly road noise.

you need to replace the bolt for seatbelt with a new one, per repair manual it is not re-usable
1661573740508.png

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike
Just ordered parts and installation via local SC, $335 total.

I specifically asked for a quote for the parts and install…e wives and approved an estimate that includes the parts ($200) and labor ($125, which I believe is their hourly rate). I’m in Atlanta and going to the Alpharetta, GA SC.

Logistically, did you do all of this through the app? Or did you drop into the service center? Asking as I have had trouble even getting anyone live at my local SC.