TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Retrofitting NextGen Seats

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Mother Frunker, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Mother Frunker

Has anyone done this? If so, please post your experience here along with price. Many thanks!

Ty

2. bhuwan

bhuwan Active Member

wk057 has and if I remember correctly, it was FRONT only for $6k.

3. msnow

msnow Active Member

4. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

Mine were done for free because I had an early P85D: ordered with NGs but delivered with older style. It took an hour in my driveway to do both fronts and rears. The seats are massively better.

I did read that it's only possible on certain vehicles with speculation that it has something to do with the seat wiring. I would suggest talking to your SC.

5. ifung90

ifung90 Member

How do we find just rear seats? i ordered Nxt gen seats but only received the fronts and the dealers won't do anything about it.

6. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

They don't offer the rears any more. I don't know why... maybe reduced rear visibility? There was a very small group of P85Ds that were ordered at the beginning when they included the rears as part of the NG seat package. And they were the only ones that got the rears retrofitted.

7. Lintrix

Lintrix Member

I have the early NG front and rear seats and from what I can see, it is extremely ugly on its back side. It does not sit flush and you can see metal supports from the behind and a large gap.

8. Sasmania

Sasmania Member

If anyone got the NextGen seats and then realized they made a HUGE mistake, I'm here to offer you a 100% Free Swap with my classic Tan Leather seats! I will even drive them to you!

Please, don't everyone PM me at once :)

• Funny x 1
  9. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

I haven't noticed that on mine. Maybe you got a bad unit? They certainly don't lay quite as flat as the prior seats but that doesn't bother me. I still prefer them.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a chance! :)

10. NorCalSJ

NorCalSJ Member

I also have front and back NG seats and don't notice that it's, "ugly on its back side. It does not sit flush and you can see metal supports from the behind and a large gap". Like sandpiper said, "They certainly don't lay quite as flat as the prior seats but that doesn't bother me. I still prefer them" I also agree, it doesn't bother me.

11. Sogorman

Sogorman Member

Say I was able to get my hands on some 'like new' next gen seats for my MS, do you think there is a snowballs chance in Phoenix, that TM would perform the upgrade / retrofit with my supplied seats??? I'm obviously happy to pay the install cost and labor.

12. Seven7

Seven7 Member

Call em up and ask, worst they can do is say no. I was thinking about going to the local auto upholstery shop and getting my original seats redone, they worked over the seats on my C6 corvette and they turned out great.