Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retuning a Long Range Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You were misled. In cold climates especially, these cars need to be plugged in overnight at home, otherwise it is extremely inconvenient to own. I bet if you talked to any Tesla owners locally they would say the same thing and advise you against buying the car.

Your next step should be trying to get some sort of charging solution in your parking garage.

Like I mentioned above, even 120v at 8 amps will make a world of difference in the OP's usage plan.

Like I mentioned above, even 120v at 8 amps will make a world of difference in the OP's usage plan.

Definitely.

Also, since others have mentioned cold with no plug as inherently being an issue--if the car is allowed to sleep, and if no preconditioning, the actual loss overnight should not be significant unless it's *really* cold (like below 10F/-12C cold). Certainly agree that *any* plug availability would likely completely resolve OP's issue, though--even if it's not 'charging' the car per se, it's going to ensure the battery doesn't get cold-soaked, and would drastically reduce drain on the battery from preconditioning.

Reactions: Big Earl
My X is parked inside during the night. It is plugged in when at home. I do not precondition.
I also notice that it is using more then 375 Wh/km (is about 600 Wh/M) over the first 5km or more.
Calculating with that number. and using the battery from 80% to 20% That means less then 60 kWh.
So 60000 Wh divided by 375 Wh/km is a range of 160 km.

So 125 km with preconditioning and 60% is less then 60kWh that could be normal.

A sales person is not going to tell you that unless specifically asked then maybe. If he understands the matter good enough.