Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Return HomeLink and Go with MyQ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tested MyQ integration and here is what I found out:

1. It will beep upon closing the door when it does not detect the presence of the car in garage or in the vicinity of the garage, likely based on GPS location of the car (and not by internet/cellular connection as I previously thought).

2. The opener unit beeped when closing because "Set Garage Location" was not set.

3. The opener did NOT beep when I set the garage location, both when "Auto-close when leaving" and when manually closing once inside the garage.

4. The closing or opening sequence cannot be aborted using MyQ, once started. You can interrupt closing/opening with HomeLink.

5. Poor internet connection causes delay/lag in action.

6. There was a conflict (with potential for problem) when Auto-open/close is set on both HomeLink and MyQ.
MyQ fired Auto-Open at 100 feet; then HomeLink fired auto-open at 70 feet - cancelling the action.

7. One MyQ subscription can be enabled on multiple cars. I was able to on 3 Tesla.
Thanks for this! Can you confirm if the myQ integration works with the Summon feature?

Wonder why no older S/X cars?
1. It appears he goes out of his way to 'dis customers once the purchase is done. The older they are, the more he does. We will see more history repeat itself. And,

2. We already have homelink. I have MyQ on my garage - even if free, there is no need to fix something not broken - another concept Elon has trouble with.

Is this a Tesla charge or Chamberlain? Or both?

Reactions: Ramphex
I don't have EAP/FSD on these cars, as I did for the previous two.
Got it. I think I’m going to give MyQ a try. It’s free for 30 days so I really have nothing to lose. Since I am one of the unfortunate who doesn’t have USS hardware, As long as Tesla can get me a TeslaVision enabled Summon feature soon I can test it out without any out of pocket expenses.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
1. It appears he goes out of his way to 'dis customers once the purchase is done. The older they are, the more he does. We will see more history repeat itself. And,

2. We already have homelink. I have MyQ on my garage - even if free, there is no need to fix something not broken - another concept Elon has trouble with.

Is this a Tesla charge or Chamberlain? Or both?
It’s a MyQ subscription through them. Not sure if Tesla gets a cut.

Got it. I think I’m going to give MyQ a try. It’s free for 30 days so I really have nothing to lose. Since I am one of the unfortunate who doesn’t have USS hardware, As long as Tesla can get me a TeslaVision enabled Summon feature soon I can test it out without any out of pocket expenses.
I would wait until the USS replacement functionality is working before starting your 30-day trial. Just sayin'...

Reactions: Joboo7777
I am trying the free 30 days but when it is up I'll cancel.
Where I live cellular coverage sucks to say the least so connection time is bad. I use MyQ on my phone and even that connection sucks.

In Canada it is $59/ 1 year
$235/5 years
$395/10 years
If you sell the car MyQ does not go with it.

Homelink is $480 and that stays with the car and doesn't use cellular or Wi-Fi.
Just like the clicker type controller doesn't use it either. Uses RF technology

I am trying the free 30 days but when it is up I'll cancel.
Where I live cellular coverage sucks to say the least so connection time is bad. I use MyQ on my phone and even that connection sucks.

In Canada it is $59/ 1 year
$235/5 years
$395/10 years
If you sell the car MyQ does not go with it.

Homelink is $480 and that stays with the car and doesn't use cellular or Wi-Fi.
Just like the clicker type controller doesn't use it either. Uses RF technology
I would ageee that if cell service is poor then it may make more sense to go with a hardware solution. I am fortunate to have very good coverage at my home. I do worry about the car transitioning from cell to my wifi service as I pull up to the house and how that may impact the performance of MYQ. I might just keep the car on cell service(I have premium subscription) entirely and not connect it to my wifi if I run in to performance issues.

I would ageee that if cell service is poor then it may make more sense to go with a hardware solution. I am fortunate to have very good coverage at my home. I do worry about the car transitioning from cell to my wifi service as I pull up to the house and how that may impact the performance of MYQ. I might just keep the car on cell service(I have premium subscription) entirely and not connect it to my wifi if I run in to performance issues.
The car will only transfer to Wi-Fi while in park.

Super excited for the MyQ integration. I am a HomeAssistant/Teslamate user but being able to see the status of my doors on the car screen will make it worth it.

Looks like somehow the car is bypassing the beeping and flashing warning when autoclosing? If so that is great news.

I’d keep the HomeLink. I have CarPlay via the Carlinkit device and the now discontinued Chamberlain HomeKit bridge. I use HomeLink to control and the CarPlay tile to check status.
CarPlay?!?! Sorry I’m new to Tesla so when I found out it was not included it was disappointing. How do you like the Carlinkit? Is it well Integrated and easy to use? Do you know if it’s compatible with 2023 M3?

Thanks

CarPlay?!?! Sorry I’m new to Tesla so when I found out it was not included it was disappointing. How do you like the Carlinkit? Is it well Integrated and easy to use? Do you know if it’s compatible with 2023 M3?

Thanks
My feedback for the Carlinkit T2C is very positive to be honest. The responsiveness is acceptable on my 2022 MX. The box is small and neat. Costs about the same price as rpi4b (non-scalped price of course) + carlinkit autokit dongle. It only requires 1amp compared to 3amps on pi4. Runs on Linux. I might be one of the lucky few who have received their small scale release of a SIM-free firmware update (221207) which uses iPhone Bluetooth Hotspot for Internet. Others getting the regular firmware are seeing mixed results. Some need to manually enter APN in the settings to get it to work.

Reactions: Joboo7777
My feedback for the Carlinkit T2C is very positive to be honest. The responsiveness is acceptable on my 2022 MX. The box is small and neat. Costs about the same price as rpi4b (non-scalped price of course) + carlinkit autokit dongle. It only requires 1amp compared to 3amps on pi4. Runs on Linux. I might be one of the lucky few who have received their small scale release of a SIM-free firmware update (221207) which uses iPhone Bluetooth Hotspot for Internet. Others getting the regular firmware are seeing mixed results. Some need to manually enter APN in the settings to get it to work.
I considered the T2C solution but due to the problems I read about in the US in particular and the need for a SIM drove me toward the Telsa-Android solution. Good to hear its SIM-free now but I wonder how available this version is to all.

Super excited for the MyQ integration. I am a HomeAssistant/Teslamate user but being able to see the status of my doors on the car screen will make it worth it.

Looks like somehow the car is bypassing the beeping and flashing warning when autoclosing? If so that is great news.
You could set up homeassistant to send you an SMS message with door status once the car gets a certain distance from home. The message would pop up on the car's display.