Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Return HomeLink and Go with MyQ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i am utterly confused about myq subscription fees. apple app store makes no mention that there are fees to use myq app. are these fees therefore going to tesla? or is it possible to use myq without incurring fees? if there really are monthly (or annual) fees, i’ll just stick with the remote that came with my garage door opener.
There has been NO fee to use MyQ app from your phone.
There is a subscription fee to use MyQ linked to your Tesla (in-car) as auto-garage door opener, since Holiday SW update 2022.44.25.1.

i am utterly confused about myq subscription fees. apple app store makes no mention that there are fees to use myq app. are these fees therefore going to tesla? or is it possible to use myq without incurring fees? if there really are monthly (or annual) fees, i’ll just stick with the remote that came with my garage door opener.
Ohmage, there is no subscription fee for using the MyQ app on your phone. The subscription is for using the integrated app on the Tesla from the recent Holiday update (no relation to the Apple APP store). I have activated the Tesla app with my existing MyQ app/ account which was very simple to do. There is a free 30-day trial period to try the new Tesla App integration of MyQ. After that there is a subscription fee of $45/ year or $179 for 5 years. I have two Tesla's and the one subscription covers both cars.
The MyQ on the Tesla works great. It opens my garage automatically as I approach (I set it for the distance at which to open) and it closes automatically as I pull away. It also has manual controls, which pop up on the top of your screen as some have posted pictures, only when you are near your home.
I would highly recommend giving it a try.

MyQ has historically charged money for official integrations by third parties to it's API's (IFTTT is an example). The iOS app is first party MyQ application and is sold as part of the platform.

That's the good thing about it, no one is making you pay but I'm sure we'll continue to hear everybody's opinion on it for the next year.

Reactions: Luvtoride
I’ve used MyQ app to open my garage door without any fees since installing the door opener 18 months ago. It’s only when you want to use the new Tesla integration included in the holiday update that you will have to pay a subscription fee. My guess is both Chamberlain and Tesla are getting a cut of this subscription.

The Tesla integration gives you auto open upon arrival, and close upon departure. It will all close your mirrors upon arrival if selected. You can also manually open/close the door from Tesla screen. If you have summon feature it appears that the my Q integration will also facilities opening and closing the door as part of that feature. Although I have not tested that yet since my 2023 M3 LR doesn’t have USS or teslavision yet. From what I understand homelink can do all of the same, however, the biggest different is Homelink can’t actually tell if the door is open or closed like MyQ can. Nice added feature but most likely not a deal breaker for those who already have HomeLink.

Reactions: Luvtoride
Oh really? I didn’t know that! So the mirrors will close automatically when you are within a certain proximity to your garage?
Yes, that has been a feature for a while. When you are at the location where you want your mirrors to fold, go into Controls, then Mirrors, then toggle the selection for Mirror Auto Fold...

Attachments

• 8F3EA132-62B9-4593-9CC9-63C42D81477F.jpeg
    8F3EA132-62B9-4593-9CC9-63C42D81477F.jpeg
    275.5 KB · Views: 132
I think I’m going to turn off the side mirror folding as I like to back in to my garage and use them to assist. I have the car set to lock when I walk away so they will fold at some point anyway. Otherwise the feature has been pretty stable over the last few days. I do have premium connectivity for other reason so not sure if it’s required for MyQ. It’s a great question though.

I didn't realize that it was subscription based. I've had myQ and the app for 2 years and only paid one time for the device. Been using it free ever since. I thought that the myQ integration just let you use myQ on screen as you would the phone app. I'll stick to my included garage door clicker on the visor