TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Return route

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Mraim, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Mraim

Mraim Member

I'm having a hard time with the navigation. I set a destination to go one place and I want to come back to my original starting point. I am trying to figure out How to do this in one trip. I think they call that a round-trip. I can't find the settings how to do that. Can somebody help me with this thanks

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

How about set your destination, and when you get there set the starting point as your new destination? Am I missing something?

3. Mraim

Mraim Member

I am trying to make way points but it doesn't seem to do that.

4. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Multiple waypoints is not supported.

5. bob_p

bob_p Member

Waypoints are not supported.

Round trips are supported only by showing you how much energy you would have left when you returned back to your starting point, allowing the software to warn you if you attempt to drive to far from a known charger - before you reach a point-of-no-return.

It's surprising we still don't have waypoints - 4 years after the first Model S was produced...

• Like x 1
  6. Mraim

Mraim Member

Thanks Bob, I ordered my model S for Dec. 2016 my wife & I love to drive. We are unsure about getting the 75 or the 90 kw. I drove the Tasla for 2 days and that model was a 90D. I was trying to figure out how far out from home I can go and return home with a 75 kw. But I was deiving a 90 kw. Not sure if the 75 kw is going to do it with heating and air running. I like to go with the 90 kw but the wife thinks the 75 will do the trick. Thanks for your input .

Joe

7. kavyboy

kavyboy Member

Go to evtripplanner.com. Put in your rout for the 70D, which is less than the 75, obviously. If you chart out that route and it makes it, then the 75 should as well. It will at least give you a decent starting point to make an informed decision in your specific case.

8. Mraim

Mraim Member

Ok Thanks