Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Return route

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having a hard time with the navigation. I set a destination to go one place and I want to come back to my original starting point. I am trying to figure out How to do this in one trip. I think they call that a round-trip. I can't find the settings how to do that. Can somebody help me with this thanks

Waypoints are not supported.

Round trips are supported only by showing you how much energy you would have left when you returned back to your starting point, allowing the software to warn you if you attempt to drive to far from a known charger - before you reach a point-of-no-return.

It's surprising we still don't have waypoints - 4 years after the first Model S was produced...

Reactions: Mraim
Waypoints are not supported.

Round trips are supported only by showing you how much energy you would have left when you returned back to your starting point, allowing the software to warn you if you attempt to drive to far from a known charger - before you reach a point-of-no-return.

It's surprising we still don't have waypoints - 4 years after the first Model S was produced...

Thanks Bob, I ordered my model S for Dec. 2016 my wife & I love to drive. We are unsure about getting the 75 or the 90 kw. I drove the Tasla for 2 days and that model was a 90D. I was trying to figure out how far out from home I can go and return home with a 75 kw. But I was deiving a 90 kw. Not sure if the 75 kw is going to do it with heating and air running. I like to go with the 90 kw but the wife thinks the 75 will do the trick. Thanks for your input .

Joe