Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Returned within 7 days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello - We just got our model Y 2 days back, and I'm so disappointed in the car, the trims are all miss-aligned. the glass at the back where it meets the hatchback is misaligned, The glass edges do not look polished. Doors and front hood and a few more issues. We showed it to the guy at the center while picking it up but he discounted it and said to file a service request. Now that I think of it why do I need to go through this I have paid for a new car. We are going back to return it and hope they will allow us to book for a new one. We like the car except that it's too much to deal with the service center back and forth.
It's your call, but if Tesla can fix these problems and make the car as good as new, then returning it might be premature.

I had a few issues with my car, but Tesla fixed them.

Hello - We just got our model Y 2 days back, and I'm so disappointed in the car, the trims are all miss-aligned. the glass at the back where it meets the hatchback is misaligned, The glass edges do not look polished. Doors and front hood and a few more issues. We showed it to the guy at the center while picking it up but he discounted it and said to file a service request. Now that I think of it why do I need to go through this I have paid for a new car. We are going back to return it and hope they will allow us to book for a new one. We like the car except that it's too much to deal with the service center back and forth.

Really sorry to hear of your experience. That sucks. Only recommendation I'd give is just be firm but polite when you return it. If you have a competent SA they will do their best to help you order a new one.

Return it and wait 1 year to order an updated version. By then, Model Y vehicles will be built and manufactured at the Austin Gigafactory which will have newer machines, updated robots, and higher quality paint formula. I don't know what team of people Elon hired at the Fremont Gigafactory but they should all be fired. Especially whoever is in charge of QC.

First post by O.P. See that often. Does not sound right