Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

returning and getting performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Debating if i should return my LR AWD w/FSD for a basic Performance model... still within the 7 day grace period; but i would have to wait for my check from Tesla before ordering the performance... anyone with experience on this? Thanks.

Debating if i should return my LR AWD w/FSD for a basic Performance model... still within the 7 day grace period; but i would have to wait for my check from Tesla before ordering the performance... anyone with experience on this? Thanks.

Why did you skip the P in the first place- and what do you expect to get out of it now in comparison?

If you plan to track the car- yes, get a P. Track mode alone is worth it (the brakes may or may not be depending how hard you plan to track it...and the 20" boat anchors can be replaced by something better either way).

If you do NOT plan to track it- you're really not getting anything useful but a quicker 0-60... and you can get halfway there for 2k with the acceleration boost.

Reactions: dmurphy and SeaNile
ML0204, I picked my LR AWD on 03/28 and am debating the acceleration boost. The money is not an issue. Are you glad you did the boost?
I said I wasn't going to do it, but couldn't stand driving it knowing, that by pushing a button, I could make it faster and better! I held out for three days! It is a very noticeable difference. You can feel the blood rushing up your body!

Now that you have pushed the button, is it faster and better? Would you do it again?
The torque and speed are very noticeable. Everyone's situation is different. For me, the $2k was a bargain and I would do it again without hesitation. I'm in NJ, so I needed to keep my cost under $55,000 to qualify for the $5,000 credit and no sales tax, so the Performance was out. For just $2k more, I get close to the speed of the performance.

Does it cause the torque to be too extreme or is that just a matter of how you press the accelerator? I don’t really need the speed, but who doesn’t like it
With the acceleration boost, you can still drive the car like it's a Honda Accord. It did not impact normal driving in any way. However, if you should decide to push the pedal all the way down...My wife and daughter have made me promise to never press the pedal all the way down again!

Not to sound callous, but I did not buy a Tesla to save money on gas. I bought a Tesla for its perfomance and technology.

• Love
Reactions: bcpm3p and lUtriaNt

Personally, it was a choice between an SR+ (lesser expensive/max value option to get into the EV/Tesla world) or a Performance (speed). LR was not an option since range is not really a consideration for me. Being a car guy with other fast cars, I knew I was going to regret not getting a Performance.

What are your considerations?

Reactions: ml0204
Does it cause the torque to be too extreme or is that just a matter of how you press the accelerator? I don’t really need the speed, but who doesn’t like it

i dont have the AWD + boost... but rather the actual Performance.

the pedal mapping is very well judged. theres no issue of inadvertently gunning it. otherwise, theres always a secondary mode (chill) to relax it.

Call your SA and tell them you're thinking about upgrading and they'll guide you.

If money is not a problem, do it. I say that because you'll always have doubts in your mind. Otherwise, drive both back to back if possible to judge for yourself.

All my driving is street and the LR AWD can do sub 4s with the boost, so the price difference wasn't worth it to me. But you get better 'everything' out of the box with the Performance: Acceleration, braking and handling, plus other neat options.

The only thing I'd like for my LR AWD is better braking and handling and that isn't too much of a big deal to improve.

Reactions: rotiv54436