Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Returning and Ordering Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Debating if i should return my LR AWD w/FSD for a basic Performance model... still within the 7 day grace period; but i would have to wait for my check from Tesla before ordering the performance... anyone with experience on this?

pretty sure I read some where on here that while you can return your MY you will not be able to purchase another MY for a year after.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jaycha2
You can order another Tesla of the same model but not the same trim, and not have to wait 1 year. But getting your money back to purchase another... ???

You have the title? If you own the car and have a title, why not sell it privately and perhaps make a little extra money to put towards the increased cost of a MYP? Lots of people are still waiting for their car and they will not be getting them anytime in the near future...

Reactions: Watts_Up
What's important to you? As near as I can tell, the M3P and M3 AWD have identical performance after the first 2 or 3 seconds. There are a few YouTube videos showing this. It looks like the MY AWD is might pull a little harder than the Performance MY after 2 or 3 seconds. I don't drag race, so the performance when I punch it on the road matters way more to me than the first 2 or 3 seconds off the line.

If you want nice looking 21" wheels and don't mind the downsides (don't ride as smoothly, don't last as long, cost more to replace, more likely to get damaged by potholes, loss of 10% of vehicle range, thus 10% more electricity cost), there are folks out there already looking to trade their 21" wheels for 20" wheels.

The MY AWD is the first car I've bought in 35 years (bought once it comes in that is) that isn't the most powerful one of its type. The normal MY AWD is already very, very fast.

im kind of in the same boat....I had originally ordered a myp pup. now I have an order with the performance with pup and an order with LR with 20 induction.... on the fence as I like fast but like nice ride and range....

I just changed my msm to a white interior on both of the orders so I'm sure its a month or so out so I have time to go back and forth and let both orders stand....

im kind of in the same boat....I had originally ordered a myp pup. now I have an order with the performance with pup and an order with LR with 20 induction.... on the fence as I like fast but like nice ride and range....

I just changed my msm to a white interior on both of the orders so I'm sure its a month or so out so I have time to go back and forth and let both orders stand....

I think we are way more than a month out. I'm hoping the supply starts flowing in May so I might get mine in June.

Debating if i should return my LR AWD w/FSD for a basic Performance model... still within the 7 day grace period; but i would have to wait for my check from Tesla before ordering the performance... anyone with experience on this?

Are you dissatisfied with it already? Should we switch to Performance? We ordered the LR with the FSD....I wold probably opt for the Performance but wife isn't interested and thinks the LR will be fast enough.

I wish we could order the performance with the 20 inch wheels..i like the 20 and 21 look not the 19...dont like the range hit or potential rougher ride of the 21....

We need the option for performance with 20 rather then the 19’s

Are you dissatisfied with it already? Should we switch to Performance? We ordered the LR with the FSD....I wold probably opt for the Performance but wife isn't interested and thinks the LR will be fast enough.
Im happy with my LR AWD the fit and finish was close to perfect (except for some paint dust and the hatch was a little off align) it's plenty fast, when i floored on the freeway i was already pass the speed limited in 2 seconds. At this time i dont think FSD is worth it, and FSD can alway be added later on, but the opposite is not true for PUP. My wife pretty much gave me the green light, she doesnt want me to regret not getting the trim i wanted since this might be the last car i purchase for a while. let me know if you have any other questions.

Reactions: Y&CYT
I just got off the phone with Tesla, and they said that i can order different trims... like from a LR AWD to PUP without a problem, just that i cant order the same trim, like a LR AWD with white interior from a black interior. The process is pretty straight forward i suppose; just have to returning my LR AWD, wait for the check from Tesla in 30 days or so, then order a PUP and arranging for financing again. I have no experience in this matter yet, but i have no reasons to doubt Tesla at the moment.

I wish we could order the performance with the 20 inch wheels..i like the 20 and 21 look not the 19...dont like the range hit or potential rougher ride of the 21....

We need the option for performance with 20 rather then the 19’s
hopefully there will be third party wheels (personally i hope a 19" would clear the caliper), but i much prefer the looks of the uberturbine, than the induction wheels.