Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Returning leased Tesla without the mobile connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am curious regarding the recent news that new Teslas are no longer going to be shipped with Mobile Connectors. If I have a leased Tesla, would I have to return the car with the mobile connector or is it ok for me to keep it. I understand that I probably should keep the mobile connector with the car but just wondering if there are statements explicitly saying that all included accessories at the time of delivery must be included in the return of the lease.

• Disagree
Reactions: mr-dmitry
Teslas lease return guide has already answered this question for you:

tesla lease return.PNG

If you dont turn it it, you will likely be charged more than the cost to buy a new one (thats how these things typically work).

• Helpful
Reactions: MP3Mike
My whole story is a trade-in, not lease. When I traded an older MX that came with mobile charger in to Tesla back in June 2022, I kept the old charger from the trade vehicle. This was when they had announce new wouldn't come with it. But my order was 18 months old and Did come with one. Tesla Delivery is so poor (not allowed into car until after sign papers, what crap), I found out after the fact I then had 2 chargers. They didn't even look at or drive the old one while we were there. Why did I clean and detail? Could have left it completely trashed.

Sold new charger on eBay and bought the Tesla CCS Adapter when it came out so I guess they got their money from me at that point. Don't feel bad with what happened, as if the delivery had been more hands on where we are allowed to get in and, oh say, drive before sign, I might have seen the new charger. But they choose the most 'minimal way' (cheapest, crrappiest way) to hand over a $120k expenditure. That's on them.