Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Returns policy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just read the UK returns policy again and it actually says.

"One time order fee of £100 due to complete your order.If you haven't test driven the car, you can return it for a full refund within 7 days or 1,000 miles,

I never noticed the "If you haven't test driven the car"

I have test driven the car! I am still to get my car (Delivery September) and am buying because I know that if the worst comes to the worst and I decide for any reason its not for me I have 7 days to return it. Or so I thought?

Now I see this "If you haven't test driven the car" I am freaking out!

Thoughts?

Top of page 3 of the T&C’s. Region Specific Provisions. Re: Distance Selling / 14 day cooling off period.

E97EF869-2017-49FB-B6E2-A6145C2D6062.png

Reactions: bhav
Thanks for the reply, I have always had the statement in mind on the home page for the Model X

"You can return your car for a full refund within 7 days or 1,000 miles, whichever comes first."

There it does not state any thin about the "Test drive" Its actually at the point you put in the order and pay the £100.

I appreciate that under law I could be protected as I guess I would with a product or a car from any company.

But I have always felt this was a great selling point form Tesla and I thought that if I just don't like the car for any reason, Not that its faulty.

EG: I live on a farm and to get up you have to go over quite a bumpy road, its fine for most cars and I doubt the Tesla would have any issues at all, but I may find out that's not the case and I just find Its not the car for me, nothing wrong with there car.

I just don't like it after a couple of days for example. Honestly I have no intention in buying it with a view to return it, but I feel conformable knowing I am spending a lot of money that I want I can with no questions asked send it back,.

Now this is starting to look like thats not the case, I will definitely be ringing them when they are open for clarification.

Thanks for the reply, I have always had the statement in mind on the home page for the Model X

"You can return your car for a full refund within 7 days or 1,000 miles, whichever comes first."

There it does not state any thin about the "Test drive" Its actually at the point you put in the order and pay the £100.

I appreciate that under law I could be protected as I guess I would with a product or a car from any company.

But I have always felt this was a great selling point form Tesla and I thought that if I just don't like the car for any reason, Not that its faulty.

EG: I live on a farm and to get up you have to go over quite a bumpy road, its fine for most cars and I doubt the Tesla would have any issues at all, but I may find out that's not the case and I just find Its not the car for me, nothing wrong with there car.

I just don't like it after a couple of days for example. Honestly I have no intention in buying it with a view to return it, but I feel conformable knowing I am spending a lot of money that I want I can with no questions asked send it back,.

Now this is starting to look like thats not the case, I will definitely be ringing them when they are open for clarification.
I think you will be fine, I don’t think they will refuse your return. Maybe give them a call or pop into a store and explain the situation.

Spoke with Tesla UK today.

You can return any Tesla regardless if you have test driven the car or not.

You can return it for a full refund within 7 days or 1,000 miles.

The part where it sates "unless you have test driven the car" is no longer valid. They changed that a long time ago and they advised that should of been removed.

The T & C's attached to my order in my account also state;

You can return it for a full refund within 7 days or 1,000 miles.

Good to know!

• Informative
Reactions: CPhoenix
  • Owning a Tesla vehicle means you are driving one of the most advanced, best performing and safest vehicles available. We are confident that you will feel great about your new vehicle, and so are giving you time to experience and enjoy your new Tesla. Subject to the terms and conditions of this policy, if you are unhappy with your vehicle, you may return it to us within seven (7) calendar days.
  • We will accept your vehicle for return if the vehicle:
    • Has an odometer mileage of less than 1,000 miles at the time of return;
    • Has a New Vehicle Limited Warranty that has not been voided;
    • Has not been the subject of any submission or application for any available incentives or perks;
    • Is in new condition, without damage or abnormal wear and tear; and
    • Has not been resold or transferred to any person or entity.
  • To return the vehicle, you will need to deliver the vehicle (including all original equipment and any parts and accessories that came with the vehicle, including the mobile connector kit) to us at a Tesla Delivery Center (or other location that we agree to), and complete a vehicle inspection, by the end of the seventh (7th) calendar day following the delivery date. If you are unable to return your vehicle by the 7th calendar day after making good faith efforts, please contact your closest Tesla Delivery Center. Extenuating circumstances may be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
  • Once you have returned your vehicle, the return process is final and may not be cancelled. At this time, we are not able to facilitate vehicle exchanges. If you decide to order another vehicle, you may not order the same trim for a period of 12 months but may order another vehicle in a different trim at any time. However, if you are found to have abused this policy or have acted in bad faith, you will be prohibited from purchasing any vehicle for a period of 12 months.
  • You will remain responsible for any fees or charges that may later become due while the vehicle was in your possession, such as unpaid tickets and citations or applicable property taxes. If you acquired your vehicle with a lessor or lender, you may be responsible for additional fees or charges required by your lessor or lender in order to reverse the transaction. In addition to returning the vehicle, you will need to ensure title to the vehicle is transferred to Tesla free and clear of any liens.
  • If you traded in a vehicle as part of your original transaction, you will not receive that trade-in vehicle back, though we will refund you the applied trade-in value as part of your return. If you had negative equity in your trade-in vehicle, you may need to pay us an additional amount to cover the negative equity.
  • If you acquired your vehicle through a third party lessor or lender, you may have other terms or conditions in your lease or financing agreement, which are outside of our control. This return policy may not apply in such situations depending on the agreement between you and your third party lessor or lender.
  • This return policy is intended to give you confidence in your purchase of a Tesla vehicle, and so is in addition to any other rights you may have under applicable law.

We will accept your vehicle for return if the vehicle:
  • Has an odometer mileage of less than 1,000 miles at the time of return;
  • Has a New Vehicle Limited Warranty that has not been voided;
  • Has not been the subject of any submission or application for any available incentives or perks;
  • Is in new condition, without damage or abnormal wear and tear; and
  • Has not been resold or transferred to any person or entity.

? government grants ? referral scheme ?

This is very interesting as my car has been towed away for the 2nd time for major electrical system malfunction within 5 months of owning the vehicle and I have requested I want a replacement. Have had just a email to state they will inspect the vehicle on arrival (stuck at recovery center safe storage for the past three days) and discuss how to proceed from there, but I am so f...ked off