Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reus audio upgrade for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Helpful guy that I am, I pulled my subwoofer apart out of the trunk just so you could see the back of the cabinet....Whew! Now I'll go and re-install it... :)

Subwoofer_back.jpg

Helpful guy that I am, I pulled my subwoofer apart out of the trunk just so you could see the back of the cabinet....Whew! Now I'll go and re-install it... :)

RandyS, can't thank you enough (2 yo thread, you rule!).

Took me a minute to make heads/tails of the pic. So there is a false floor and it seems as though the sub is aimed at the front of the trunk well (towards the back seats) through what appears to be black felt?

Is the sub firing through the carpet in to the remaining trunk well space?
It's a down firing driver.

I too have the Reus 2.5 system with the center channel. The sound quality is absolutely phenomenal: the clarity and precision are as pure as can be. I could not be happier - best damned investment I've made.

Installation takes just one day BTW.

I'm not quite convinced that a center tweeter aimed at a curved glass surface has any validity to it, audio wise.

what little left/right imaging you might have had is now lost by 'spraying sound' to the windshield.

ob disc: I totally disagree with the bose concept of spraying sound all over the place. that creates too many reflections and de-focuses the sound.

some like 'immersive sound' but I'm not one of them.

to each his own, I guess. I'd like to see some freq response plots of the before/after, though.

In my case, they ran a new fused 12v circuit from the battery. The car was new, and no one had the knowledge that we have now about doing that (experts like Ingineer say it isn't the best idea in the Model 3 to run connect directly to the battery). I think the current wisdom is to follow Ingineer's advice for connecting the 12v circuit (you can search this forum for it). I've never had any issues with the current setup, though. No funny error messages, etc.

I'm not quite convinced that a center tweeter aimed at a curved glass surface has any validity to it, audio wise.
I had the center channel installed with my Reus system and I am not convinced that it is needed. Even they will say that it is really only used with overly-compressed tracks to give a little high-end boost (it has it's own control). I have tried it a couple of times, but I usually just leave it set to a bare minimum where it gives an almost inaudible fill to the high frequencies. But since I am slowly replacing any older CDs that have too much compression with remastered versions (just got in the Yes '90125' disc - whoa!), it doesn't get much use.

And it is not a 5.1 system. I don't get the attraction of 5.1 for music.