Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reus audio upgrade for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would like to know this as well. I've read many posts on aftermarket audio upgrades, and some say to use the 12v in the front, and others say to use the DC-DC converter in the rear passenger side. Can't seem to get a straight answer.

often, you just have to try various approaches and measure what gives the best results.

I don't love dc/dc converters - they are noisy, in general. if you have a choice to not have a dc/dc in front of audio power supplies, that's the best choice.

grounding is often more important than the 'plus' tap point; and that often has to be checked trial and error, as well.

I generally prefer 'private' direct wires, both plus and minus, to the 12v battery. but that is with old school cars. it may be possible that tapping *at* the battery is not optimal, for lots of reasons.

you have to try and then measure. and how you measure, also matters.

This is why I had someone else do the work. I know how to do it (I used to build competition systems more years ago than I am willing to admit), but time is most valuable resource and having Reus do it was very much the right decision for me.

I do not miss hunting down open grounds :)

Reactions: wtalyff
If you don’t mind, do you think you could share a video of what you putting in and taking out the sub in your trunk well? I’m kind of curious to see how snugly it fits and if it’s a pain to do because this is an approach that I’m highly interested in

also a few questions:
  • Does it shift around when you drive? What kind of prevention does it have to stop it from shifting around?
  • What direction is the sub facing when you put it into your car?