Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reus Audio upgrade for Model S stereos; TMC discount and Boston trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm quite happy overall with my P85D. Problems, in reverse order of seriousness, are:

- Front passenger door requires much more force to close than the rear

- Wind noise leaks around the passenger side glass triangle next to the A pillar

- Stereo sound quality isn't great, even with the EQ adjustments discussed at length on these forums. I went with the base audio system, since a few owners who have the premium audio system told me the sound quality isn't much better and in fact the bass is muddier because the woofer isn't tight.

After reading many positive reviews, I called Reus Audio and spoke with Cliff; he said he was planning a trip up to Boston to do Model S installations in March and offered a nice TMC discount. I assume travel costs will be lower as the number of installs goes up.

If any of you are interested, the number is (714) 633-6636. I have no first-hand experience with their system and I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but I'm hopeful that it will be a major improvement.

I'm quite happy overall with my P85D. Problems, in reverse order of seriousness, are:

- Front passenger door requires much more force to close than the rear

- Wind noise leaks around the passenger side glass triangle next to the A pillar

- Stereo sound quality isn't great, even with the EQ adjustments discussed at length on these forums. I went with the base audio system, since a few owners who have the premium audio system told me the sound quality isn't much better and in fact the bass is muddier because the woofer isn't tight.

After reading many positive reviews, I called Reus Audio and spoke with Cliff; he said he was planning a trip up to Boston to do Model S installations in March and offered a nice TMC discount. I assume travel costs will be lower as the number of installs goes up.

If any of you are interested, the number is (714) 633-6636. I have no first-hand experience with their system and I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but I'm hopeful that it will be a major improvement.

You will be very happy, had mine done over a year ago and big improvement. Like you I got the standard system and this was before the upgraded system was improved, but at that time heard neither were all that good. Cliff is a great guy and did the system in my garage. As I have said before liked the way it is installed with out disturbing anything major and other than the woofer knob and trunk storage being less you cannot tell anything has been done. Enjoy.

I have the upgraded sound system and the quality (and functionality) is inferior to my prior MBS s550 and Audi a8 stock systems.

I am am on the list when cliff comes to the dc area in mid/late January for an upgrade. I went with the dual subwoofer system... You'll loose a little space in the rear lower cargo area but it will thump at lower volumes.

as the OP mentioned, the travel costs are shared so the more that sign up the better...