TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Reusability: Better late than never?

Discussion in 'SpaceX' started by bxr140, Sep 4, 2018.

1. bxr140

bxr140 Active Member

Ariane says they're getting into the motor printing game.
    ArianeGroup supplier GKN to 3D print turbines for reusable Prometheus engines - SpaceNews.com

And relative to this being a SpaceX forum, there are some interesting buzz words in there, namely 'Reusability' and 'Methane'. Also interesting is potential compatibility of this motor with Ariane 6. That seems a bit of a stretch for me since A6 has a [hydrogen burning] Vulcain in the caboose, but I suppose stranger things have happened. I'd bet its more likely going to see first use on a new A6 upper stage.

Anyway, as always, the more the merrier.

• Informative x 1