Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reusing Boosters: Launch, Land, and Re-Launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have a dog in this fight, as I didn't place my bet, but pedantically speaking:

If SpaceX's goal is 10 booster reuses, then that only requires 9 landings.

Would everybody like to recover it to inspect, etc? Yes.

Is it needed to reach SpaceX's milestone goal? No.

My 0.02 bitcoin...

Reactions: Nikxice and Grendal
I don't have a dog in this fight, as I didn't place my bet, but pedantically speaking:

If SpaceX's goal is 10 booster reuses, then that only requires 9 landings.

Would everybody like to recover it to inspect, etc? Yes.

Is it needed to reach SpaceX's milestone goal? No.

My 0.02 bitcoin...

Don't you mean a $0.02 dogecoin? :p

I agree with you. Paging @Grendal , we need a ruling before this discussion takes over this thread!

Contest entries:
February 28 2021 Australian EST - @ICUDoc
April 20, 2021 - @Nikxice
April 28, 2021 - @Cosmacelf
May 4th, 2021 - @e-FTW
(I misremembered my own bet)
June 2, 2021 - @adiggs
July 10, 2021 - @dkemme
August 18, 2021 - @Grendal

Winner gets to pick the charity we donate to. I think $50 local currency seems appropriate, but don’t want to force it on anyone.
Oh my. e-FTW might win this right on the button if Starlink-25 does indeed use B1049-9 and leaves as scheduled.

It will be about two weeks later and B1051 to pull off the 10th launch if the timing holds. It will be close. We'll need to count the days to see who wins between e-FTW and adiggs.

Coming down to the wire. I know I like being on the long side as we could be down to something as simple as a couple of days delay while a rain squall goes by. Should I be rooting for some bad weather downrange?

Reactions: Grendal and e-FTW
Just in case no one noticed my new thread, here's the link to a new charity bet:

• Love
Reactions: e-FTW