Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reuters: "Tesla readies revamped Model 3 with project 'Highland' -sources" [projected 3rd quarter 2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
447mo7kdzjta1.jpg

Those wheels are fantastic! Sort of an edgy CyberTruck'ed version of what I would consider to be the most iconic wheel Tesla has ever offered on any car - the original 19" Sport Stilettos. It's hard to tell what's going on between the spokes though, it's unlikely they'd do a 2-tone wheel paint so those black fillers are likely 10 separate removable plastic aero pieces.

The new bumper looks great without that odd flat face of the old 3/Y. I think it's nearly as profound an improvement as the 2016 Model S transformation from a "gagged guppy" to a "smirking Elon". It seems they kept the same hood but instead of elongating the bumper like the aftermarket variants do, they just curved in closer to the headlights. And while the headlights look like a lot of other cars, the car they most closely resemble is the Model S, which is not a bad act to follow. I think if the change had been the other way around, people would say the "new" headlights make it look like a Nissan Juke.

1681367364102.png

There's a lot of clever cost cutting going on there too. The smaller headlights, simpler fender shape, simpler bumper shape, and omitted foglights and aero duct. It's hard to imagine that they'd give up some range to save money on the aero ducts so I suspect they found that the duct didn't do much after all.

I'm surprised they managed to drive it thru that many bugs without anyone catching a pic of it in the wild.

Also there seems to be something going on with the dashboard. It seems to bulge up more traditionally over the steering column and it looks like there might be a towel or something to protect it from the paparazzi.

1681366566734.png

Last edited:
Yeah lots of bugs, how could this have not been spotted in the wild.

I don't mind the bumper and the wheels. But I didn't like the head lights, it gives me the feeling of being cheaper. But who knows, maybe with time it could grow on me.

Also I am a bit concerned that those don't look like a matrix headlight. Hopefully they didn't give-up on developing the software for it in the future.

I am skeptical on this image as its been very quiet on the highland front the last few weeks I wondered if it was a body kit or photoshop of some kind especially with the wheels not looking right in the picture, I also couldn't see the new front bumper camera from that angle. If it is a real pic at least it doesn't look terrible.