Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rev 9 / 42.2 oddities --> User Manual, Immersive Sound, No Web

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post.

Bought a CPO 2015 S85 in August. Fantastic!

That exclamation said, software upgrades have been kind of nutty for me (an admitted noob). Most radical, of course, was the changes to ... EVERYTHING... when Rev 9 hit. Wow. I had to re-learn everything I had just learned! I don't really mind any of this (thinking this sort of thing is going to be de rigueur with EVs as the present pushes forward into the future with every tick of the clock and software roll...), but there's some oddities I need help with, if anyone would be so kind.

1. I had an onscreen user manual in 8, which I was making great use of as a noob, but then it disappeared when 9 hit. Then it came back for a day or two when I was on (maybe) 42.1, then with 42.2 it is gone again. Just BLANK PAGES as you tap into the various sections. I can navigate down into things, but there's just nothing at all onscreen when I go to the pages of the manual. Is anyone else running 42.2 seeing this?

1b. Additionally, the "What's New in This Update" notes were also blank when I went from 8 to 9...

Under the hamburger menu in music, under Options, I had Dolby Surround® sound when I was on 8. It went away with 9, replaced by the three-setting Immersive Sound buttons. I did not hear any difference whatsoever as I moved from button to button. Nothing. Then Dolby came back with 42.1. Then it went away with 42.2. I am now seeing Immersive Sound that does not immerse me in anything but confusion. Anyone else seeing this?

3. My car had web access under 8. I don't know if it had it when 9 hit, but it no longer has it with 42.2. I enter something into the URL locator and hit enter and am left with a blank screen. Anyone else seeing this?

If I am asking all of this in the wrong place, please guide me to where I should be. I'm new here. I did some searching around, and did not see anything, so decided to post up.

Cheers,

-shud

• Informative
Reactions: David29
I tried to look up something in the user manual a couple of days ago. The table of contents appears, but when I clicked on an entry, all i got was a blank screen. I am on firmware version 2018.39.6.
Can't speak to your other two items.

First post.

Bought a CPO 2015 S85 in August. Fantastic!

That exclamation said, software upgrades have been kind of nutty for me (an admitted noob). Most radical, of course, was the changes to ... EVERYTHING... when Rev 9 hit. Wow. I had to re-learn everything I had just learned! I don't really mind any of this (thinking this sort of thing is going to be de rigueur with EVs as the present pushes forward into the future with every tick of the clock and software roll...), but there's some oddities I need help with, if anyone would be so kind.

1. I had an onscreen user manual in 8, which I was making great use of as a noob, but then it disappeared when 9 hit. Then it came back for a day or two when I was on (maybe) 42.1, then with 42.2 it is gone again. Just BLANK PAGES as you tap into the various sections. I can navigate down into things, but there's just nothing at all onscreen when I go to the pages of the manual. Is anyone else running 42.2 seeing this?

1b. Additionally, the "What's New in This Update" notes were also blank when I went from 8 to 9...

Under the hamburger menu in music, under Options, I had Dolby Surround® sound when I was on 8. It went away with 9, replaced by the three-setting Immersive Sound buttons. I did not hear any difference whatsoever as I moved from button to button. Nothing. Then Dolby came back with 42.1. Then it went away with 42.2. I am now seeing Immersive Sound that does not immerse me in anything but confusion. Anyone else seeing this?

3. My car had web access under 8. I don't know if it had it when 9 hit, but it no longer has it with 42.2. I enter something into the URL locator and hit enter and am left with a blank screen. Anyone else seeing this?

If I am asking all of this in the wrong place, please guide me to where I should be. I'm new here. I did some searching around, and did not see anything, so decided to post up.

Cheers,

-shud
After the last update, my internet has also disappeared..Albeit, the screen is still there, nothing happens when you type into the url.

Also, I've had some radio issues. When I used XM radio, am/fm or web, I used to see the album cover on the screen and in the dash cluster. Now the album cover only appears for some am/fm stations, and web. Nothing appears when XM is the source.

Lastly, my windshield wiper will do a swipe sometimes when I first get into the car, even after the wipers were not engaged the prior time I was driving.

Ghosts in the machine???

First post.

Not version 9, but V10.0, 2019.32.12.7 and I have the blank user manual pages problem.