Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reveal your VIN before it appears on your account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order Date: Oct 25, 2019
Model Ordered: 3SR+ WHITE/BLACK/18" AERO
Tesla Account VIN: No
Tesla Account VIN date: N/A
Source Code VIN?: 5YJ3E1EA9LF631XXX
Source Code VIN date: Dec 19, 2019
Source Code VIN matches the final VIN?: N/A
Delivery date: N/A

Last edited:
Order Date: Dec 8, 2019
Model Ordered: 3SR+ RED/WHITE/BLACK/19"
Tesla Account VIN: No
Tesla Account VIN date: N/A
Source Code VIN?: No
Source Code VIN date: N/A
Source Code VIN matches the final VIN?: N/A
Delivery date: 12/27/19

Called the main sales number and the friendly lady on the line told me it's a real coin toss if I will received the car before the end of the year. She said to wait until Monday to panic. If I don't have the VIN by then, I am probably not going to make end of year. I am in Houston. She said I should call the sales advisor and ask if there are any comparable cars available to buy in the area.

Even if I am willing to travel to pick up a car from Cali, she said Texas hates Tesla so much that they don't make that possible to buy in another state and register in Texas. I have done that several times with new cars, but they weren't EV's or Teslas.

Panicked and called my Tesla advisor and arranged to buy a LR AWD in the same Red/White/19" wheels from Plano. I have to drive there to get it. It was a test drive unit with 250 miles on it, so they are giving me a $1000 off, plus the $1800 tax rebate stays in play since it's still a new vehicle that hasn't been titled yet.

So maybe someone else waiting for that spec car will have a chance to get it this year by using my allocation for a SR+ Red/White/19" M3.

Order Date: Dec. 10, 2019
Model Ordered: M3 SR+/RWD/Pearl White exterior/B&W interior/19" Silver wheels
Tesla Account VIN?: Yes
Tesla Account VIN date: Dec. 23, 2019
Source Code VIN?: 5YJ3EXXX
Source Code VIN date: Dec. 23, 2019
Source Code VIN matches the final VIN?: Yes
Delivery date: Dec. 27, 2019

I checked for a VIN today and it's been added to my account in the last 24hrs. The instructions work a dream, but it was the Chrome extension below that found it first: Tesla VIN finder and I used the long hand instructions to check.

VIN hidden in the code starts 5YJ3F... So I guess F is 2020.

Waiting for my M3 in UK

Order Date: December 30 2019
Model Ordered: M3 LR+ Red/BLACK
Tesla Account VIN?: No
Tesla Account VIN date: No
Source Code VIN? Yes
(Mask the last 3 digits)
Source Code VIN date: January 23, 2020
Source Code VIN matches the final VIN?: TBD
Delivery date: TBD

Order Date: January 22nd 2020
Model Ordered: M3P White/White
Source Code VIN? Yes 5YJ3F7EC5LF608XXX
(Mask the last 3 digits)
Source Code VIN date: January 27, 2020

I ordered mine on the 22nd January. Model 3P White/White with FSD. All paperwork approved in the portal and just says awaiting delivery.

I can see a hidden VIN 5YJ3F7EC5LF608XXX. Can I use this to discovery my eta for delivery?

Order Date: January 22nd 2020
Model Ordered: M3P White/White
Source Code VIN? Yes 5YJ3F7EC5LF608XXX
(Mask the last 3 digits)
Source Code VIN date: January 27, 2020

I ordered mine on the 22nd January. Model 3P White/White with FSD. All paperwork approved in the portal and just says awaiting delivery.

I can see a hidden VIN 5YJ3F7EC5LF608XXX. Can I use this to discovery my eta for delivery?

The VIN just shows the specs, manf. year etc. Judging from others, you can most likely in transit. May be 10-14 days from the final delivery.

Order Date: Jan. 9th
Model Ordered: M3 SR+ White/White/Aero
Tesla Account VIN?: Yes
Tesla Account VIN date: Feb.8th
Source Code VIN?: 5YJ3E1EA9LF604XXX
Source Code VIN date: Feb 8th
Source Code VIN matches the final VIN?: Yes
Delivery date: Feb. 12th

Originally had the choose Feb10th for delievery but it was stealthed changed to the 12th. No biggie. Much sooner than the early to mid March I was expecting based on texts.

Is it possible to get VIN without accepting/declining trade-in offer? I have a trade-in offer valid for 30 days, but want ti check out other options if I can get a better price elsewhere. Deliveryguy said he was surprised I could wait 30 days to accept trade-in, and thought delivery should proceed as usual anyway even if I postphone decision.

Order Date: 12 February 2020
Model Ordered: M3 LR Black/White
Source Code VIN: 5YJ3E1EBXLF626
Source Code VIN date: 28 February 2020
Source Code VIN matches the final VIN? TBD

My only concern is I have EBXLF while others have EB#LF. Is the fact mine is X vs. a number an issue?

Order Date: 12 February 2020
Model Ordered: M3 LR Black/White
Source Code VIN: 5YJ3E1EBXLF626
Source Code VIN date: 28 February 2020
Source Code VIN matches the final VIN? TBD

My only concern is I have EBXLF while others have EB#LF. Is the fact mine is X vs. a number an issue?

I doubt anyone will know. What all of us, impatiently awaiting for our auto, know is… we want it badly! :)