TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Revelation for me on similarities in tactics used against Westinghouse AC battle

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Chickenlittle, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

Netflix documentary The Men Who Built America episode Changing The Game was an eye opener for me. It details the fight to become the company to electrify America. I knew of the fight but not the financial tactics used. It is a very interesting view. Rockefeller (electricity competing with kerosene), waging war by claiming electricity too dangerous a fire risk. JP Morgan manipulating Westinghouse company stock to drive him out of business and ultimately successful in driving him out of business. Tesla turning over patents to keep AC dream alive. The opponents of Musk are using the same playbook. Yes AC won but Tesla and Westinghouse lost, JP Morgan captured it all. Hopefully Musk has reviewed history as well and the outcome will be different.

Anyway thought this an important history to review for any investor and chose to post this despite leaving TMC. Gone again

2. Electric700

Electric700 Member

I'm noticing similar tactics especially from the auto dealers. This is just one reason out of many for why we need to support Tesla and encourage legislators to allow Tesla stores everywhere (including in Michigan and Texas), and encourage states like California to move more ZEV credits from fuel cell cars over to EVs, where they belong.

Separately, come back to TMC Chickenlittle!