Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Revenge of the Electric Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is starting to leak 'spoilers'...

My favorite part is when EM and BL first encounter the LEAF.
Sort of "Oh wow, man, check that out! Hmmm... Deep thoughts..." A little bit of curiosity/fear/excitement/bemusement all jumbled together.
(It would have been a wild scene if CG had stepped out of the LEAF just at that moment, then all 3 could meet and tie it all together...)

Last edited:
We're the 99%.... we don't get an invite :smile:
Last minute got the "invite" and abandoned my friends to join the 1%.
Instead of being happy for me, now they're hating on me.
That's ok, I'm a lover not a hater! :tongue:
IMG_3940.JPG

I think that EVERY TMC poster should see REVENGE of the ELECTRIC Car in a theatre (if given a chance) to support this film.
Chris Paine directs what should be an AMAZING inside look at a modern day David vs. Goliath! If you want to find out where:
http://www.revengeoftheelectriccar.com/screening-dates.html
Not only is it a great film, not only does it help the cause, but there are 15 seconds of my fat head filling up the screen!

Here Chris discusses the film with the Premiere audience before it starts:
IMG_3937.JPG

Ian went all Sarah Palin on us but we survived.

Film is good. A must see for all here. Get others to watch it to get them excited about the fact that EVs are here.

Beside Ian's moment where he talks about investing in a boneless chicken ranch at the Town Hall meeting there is the guy having words with Elon who is Dr Computer (though he is not shown) and there is a shot of a group of people talking with Elon that features me looking very rumpled. A little weird talking with people at the party in the same room that uncomfortable scene went down. Elon was very accessible but I could not think what to say at that moment.

At the after party we all sat in the driver's seat of the S and got the complete rundown of the screen. It has a great feel. I noted how many "clicks" to get something done where a mechanical only takes one action. Loving the instrument cluster.

And this was on the wall next to the car.

IMG_2170[1].JPG

When is it OK to leak spoilers? Are there rules to this?

Last edited:
Very informative Q&A in the SF Chronicle today. Some Elon quotes of interest:

"we have over 6,500 deposits on the model S"
"We will deliver cars to customers no later than July of next year."
"For Tesla, we do want to get to that region [$20,000 sedans] eventually."
"With Daimler we're providing the battery pack for the electric smart car and for the E class Mercedes."
"We developed something we call a Tesla Supercharger, which kind of recycles a term from the gasoline combustion engine world. It recharges the battery at over 100 miles every 20 minutes."
"I think all transportation will go fully electric with the ironic exception of rockets."

Very informative Q&A in the SF Chronicle today. Some Elon quotes of interest:
One bit of info in particular I loved and didn't know was the ~5Kwh to produce a gallon of gasoline, which would power the Model S for 20 miles...which is about what 1 gallon would provide for a lot of luxury cars (at least for city mileage). I really didn't care much about the green aspect of the Model S and people I talk to about the Model S I talk mostly about just how cool the car is in general and that it's cheaper to run. I'm very much a proponent of getting off fossil fuels, but I'm not a warrior for the cause so to speak. Having read the numbers in that article, it definitely adds some motivation for me to help educate folks that ask about the Model S on the real cost of gasoline and the advantages of going electric.

I really didn't care much about the green aspect of the Model S .... I'm very much a proponent of getting off fossil fuels, but I'm not a warrior for the cause so to speak. Having read the numbers in that article, it definitely adds some motivation for me to help educate folks that ask about the Model S on the real cost of gasoline and the advantages of going electric.

I'm in the energy business, and the industry has pretty much stopped talking about "climate change" or "global warming" as the rationale for anything. "Energy independence" and "non-conflict energy" are the buzzwords of the day.

Revenge of the Electric Car - Portland

The Portland Premiere of Revenge of the Electric Car is November 4th. Our local EV community is pulling out all the stops to support the premiere.

1) We have sponsored free parking for EVs at the theater.
2) We have a procession of EVs that will be driving in front of the theater.
3) We have blocked off one of the streets next to the theater and will have EVs (including a Roadster or two) on display there.

Additionally, Chris Paine will be here and he will hold a Q&A session after the 7PM screening.

You can read more of the details here: Sweet Revenge Comes to Portland

Anything you can do promote the film and specifically the Portland event is much appreciated.

Bay Area – 11/4 Opening Weekend Events
Landmark Embarcadero - San Francisco
Daily Showtimes: 12:15 2:50 5:10 7:30 9:45

* Appearance by Greg Gadget Abbott & Ricardo Reyes, Tesla VP of Marketing and Communications - Fri. 11/4 at 5:10 pm, 7:30 pm screenings
* Appearance by Jessie Deeter, Producer of "Revenge" - Sat., 11/5 at 7:30 pm screenings
* Appearances by Director Chris Paine and Greg Gadget Abbott - Sun 11/6 - All Showtimes

Landmark Shattuck - Berkeley
Daily Showtimes: 3:00, 5:15, 7:30, 9:45

* Appearance by Jessie Deeter, Producer of "Revenge" - Fri. 11/4 at 7:30 pm screening
* Appearance by Chris Paine and Greg Gadget Abbott - Sat 11/5 at 3:00 pm screening
* Appearance by Jessie Deeter, Producer of "Revenge" - Sat. 11/5 at 5:15 pm screening

Landmark Aquarius - Palo Alto
Daily Showtimes: Fri-Sun: 12:45 3:00 5:15 7:30 9:45; Mon-Thu 3:00 5:15 7:30 9:45

* Appearance by Diarmuid O'Connell (VP of Business Development at Tesla Motors) - Fri., 11/4 at 7:30 pm screening
* Appearance by Chris Paine and Greg Gadget Abbott - Sat 11/5, 5:15 pm, 7:30 pm screenings