TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Reverse guidance lines assist

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Jacksan, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Jacksan

Jacksan Member

Hello,

I have recently updated to 2018.32.2
    Is it my imagination, or didn't the reverse guidance assist lines used to curve corresponding to how far the wheels were turned?
    They remain straight now regardless of how far the steering wheel is turned.

I hope I am not losing my mind.

Thanks

2. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

I am on 18.32.2 and my lines curve just like they always have. Try a reboot, if that does not clear the problem, it is time to call it in

• Like x 2
  3. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Mine still curve also, but I thumb wheel reset after every update.
    old |v2018.28.1|AP2,PUP|
    new |v2018.32.2|AP2,PUP|

• Like x 1
  4. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Mine is very laggy since V9.
    If I turn the wheel the lines don't move for a good 3 or 4 seconds, then they suddenly jump to where they should be.
    I reverse down a long narrow driveway every day, so this problem was immediately noticeable and causes me trouble every day.

5. Stuart

Stuart Roadster#326, ModelS#1409

After the last software update, my reversing guidance lines also stopped working. I thought it might be a bug because my old Model S model doesn’t get much testing these days. Or perhaps a hardware failure of the steering wheel sensor. But, thanks to teslamotorsclub I found this thread, did a thumb wheel reboot, and now the reversing guidance lines work again. Thanks!

6. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I’ve also had my problem fixed by a reboot. Should have tried earlier!

7. Vegas

Vegas Member

Regardless, I think we all agree that Jacksan is losing his mind ;)