Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reverse Lights - Any actual solutions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my 2020 Model S this week. Anemic reverse lights. Has anyone come up with a solution? I've read they're controlled by a computer for brightness on other threads, so a software update may fix it-- but that's been a while since they've known of the issue. Perhaps all of us that this bothers should submit a repair request or something? I'm not about to start chopping the car and throwing on some KC Daylighters to dangle off the back, but it really is too dim for the camera, backing in past my stone wall toward the garage.

Thoughts?

Dave aka Ghan

Just got these from mail:

2x Tesla Clear Bumper Reflector LED Reverse Tail Stop Brake Light Model S 2012+ | eBay

I will install them next weekend. I already tried with 12V supply, they are quite bright.

In addition to the white reversing light, they have red tail light and braking light. I'm not yet sure if I connect the reds at all, I have to first see how they look.. I think it might make the rear look "fat" if there's tail lights at the bottom?

Or maybe just connect braking and reversing and leave tail light unconnected..