Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reverse parking sensor chimes stopped working - image still functioning on dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is odd....

2013 Model S

With my front parking sensors, I get the image on the screen with the white, yellow, and red curves as well as the distance in inches showing up... but I also hear the chimes as I approach whatever obstacle is there in front of me. No problems there.

With my rear parking sensors, I get reverse camera as well as the image on the screen with the white, yellow, and red curves as well as the distance in inches showing up... BUT NO chimes as I approach an obstacle behind me. I could've sworn the rear chimes used to work until a few days ago.

Checking my settings, I see that I have the sound for the chimes on in the settings.

Any advice?

Thanks!

I assume I just encountered this same issue. Turning into my driveway, the sensors and chimes signaled, as expected, to notify the garbage can was nearby. When reversing and following the exact same path, no signal. To test further, I was able to reverse with wheel turned and back my driver side front fender right into the waste can with no chime. Seems like a defect/bug.