Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reversing and rear fog lights on the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Australia the Model 3 has:
One reversing light, on the passenger side. It's white.
One rear fog light, on the driver side. It's red.

Here's a pic I made with some ugly arrows:

lights.jpg

The "one on each side" thing is apparently the same for the Model S, but not the Model X. The Model X apparently has 2 reversing lights.

And yes I know this has been covered in the monster thread "Tesla Model 3 in Australia" but having recently trying to find the info to confirm I reckon it's worth a quick summary in an easy to find SEO topic. Hope that's ok.

Some links to the previous posts about this enlightening topic:

#7635, #749, #752, #759, #7623, #7637, #10217

In Australia the Model 3 has:
One reversing light, on the passenger side. It's white.
One rear fog light, on the driver side. It's red.

Here's a pic I made with some ugly arrows:

View attachment 461723

The "one on each side" thing is apparently the same for the Model S, but not the Model X. The Model X apparently has 2 reversing lights.

And yes I know this has been covered in the monster thread "Tesla Model 3 in Australia" but having recently trying to find the info to confirm I reckon it's worth a quick summary in an easy to find SEO topic. Hope that's ok.

Some links to the previous posts about this enlightening topic:

#7635, #749, #752, #759, #7623, #7637, #10217
Yes model S also only has one reversing light, which gets a lot of people trying to advise me that I have a blown reversing globe.

I think Tesla needs to do some seriously design work on its tailights. They don't look that good, and they have some pretty poor plastic dies for the moulding, dags and sharp lines on the plastic.

This is where BMW does a great job, that dark ruby red and sharp designs without being blingy. I agree that even the bigger indicator sections are still too small.