Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reversing camera dead? Or some setting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I noticed this evening that the reversing camera has suddenly stopped working, ie. blank screen except for the super-imposed wheel tracks.

Is this something I've inadvertently done in one of the selection screens or does it sound like a fault? I'm guessing that it's a fault.

It's on 2019.40.2 having upgraded just after I picked it up.

I picked the car up on Tuesday and need to book it in to have the rear drivers side door and bonnet alignment sorted so I guess I'll just add it to the snagging list.

Loving the car so far!

It will be fine in the morning .... you can do reboot if you want, but even if you don't it will almost certainly be fine in the morning ... many people have experienced this and it invariably resolves on its own.

Worth mentioning that a full reboot and diagnostic check cures most problems. Getting your car to do this isn’t trivial. A reboot is easy but a full diag check requires the car to go into deep sleep (and come out!). Loads of things can stop the car going into deep sleep, sentry or something using the API to query the car.

So to fix your woes:
* Pull out your USB
* Make sure nothing is querying the API
* Power off the car
* Wait until you hear a clunk (this is a power relay being released. Welcome to deep sleep)
* Power the car back on

Your issue should be fixed.

• Informative
Reactions: Thomami