Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reversing screen juddering after UI update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the latest UI update I have noticed the reversing screen is now frequently juddering or freezing for maybe a second while reversing. This is somewhat disconcerting : the net effect is to slow my reversing down considerably to avoid unseen hazards otherwise out of view in the mirror.

I speculate that perhaps the processor is now finding it harder to handle the demands from the software. Has anyone else had this experience?

Since the latest UI update I have noticed the reversing screen is now frequently juddering or freezing for maybe a second while reversing. This is somewhat disconcerting : the net effect is to slow my reversing down considerably to avoid unseen hazards otherwise out of view in the mirror.

I speculate that perhaps the processor is now finding it harder to handle the demands from the software. Has anyone else had this experience?

I havent noticed anything like this at all, and I have a 2018 Model 3, but I also have FSD and my computer was updated from HW2.5 to HW3. I am sure you will get plenty of people who will post after this and say some variation of "this update sucks".

All cameras started displaying a lagging effect after I loaded 2022.4.5. Screen started freezing also. First found out about it when slowly backing up to a Tesla charger. In the last 18 inches the screen went blank then lagged. I softly bumped into the Tesla stand. Sure glad it was not more serious.