Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review: Magnetic Power 2 XVIDA Qi Charger - The perfect Model 3 mount?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a photo.
IMG_4729.jpeg

The gaps between my panels must be narrower. There’s no way I could wedge the cable, without damaging something. Can you take a photo of where you routed the cable through the panels? Maybe we have a different cable? Is yours braided?

• Helpful
Reactions: fseir
There was not enough gap on mine earlier, I had to force it for a few months. After a few months it seems to have gapped there.

Thanks, yeah, I can’t do that. Just not enough of a gap on mine (vin 9xxx). Maybe they changed something?

@gzerninplatz: I also wasn’t able to do the routing shown earlier, which is why I’m still curious how others are doing it. Not really important enough for me to do any drilling or widening of gaps, just hoping there was another way...

To route the cable for the XVIDA charger, I removed the side trip (pops off) and the metal trim below that (screws off). I then reinstalled the trim pieces with the cable underneath it. To not pinch the cable when you put the trim back on, you have to cut a tiny notch in the top of the plastic side wall big enough for the cable.
FFADE1D3-2C6A-41A3-B3E8-403BCB91B085_1_201_a.jpeg
In the attached picture, the red cable is run from the back console 12V outlet and the black cable you can just barely see above the door is the charger cable.

• Helpful
To route the cable for the XVIDA charger, I removed the side trip (pops off) and the metal trim below that (screws off). I then reinstalled the trim pieces with the cable underneath it. To not pinch the cable when you put the trim back on, you have to cut a tiny notch in the top of the plastic side wall big enough for the cable.
View attachment 491877
In the attached picture, the red cable is run from the back console 12V outlet and the black cable you can just barely see above the door is the charger cable.
That’s a really elegant setup you’ve got there. Do the cables interfere with the lid closing at all, where they tunnel into the trim? And where does your XVIDA cable exit the trim (to get to the charger)?

Thanks!

That’s a really elegant setup you’ve got there. Do the cables interfere with the lid closing at all, where they tunnel into the trim? And where does your XVIDA cable exit the trim (to get to the charger)?

It doesn't interfere with the lid because it comes out below the lid. The important part is to cut that tiny notch in the top of the plastic sidewall to make sure the cable doesn't keep the trim from reinstalling properly.
B1A2A2BC-D3D8-4459-94D8-F5E7488C22FA_1_201_a.jpeg
The other end of the cable comes out the back of the side trim and loops around the top where there's a natural gap.

• Helpful