Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review: Magnetic Power 2 XVIDA Qi Charger - The perfect Model 3 mount?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I treated the surface with alcohol before applying mine. It hasn't fallen off in nearly a year.

Having said that, anyone also experiencing issues charging an iPhone XS? Mine continually cuts in and out in an endless loop.
I have a regular X, and haven’t had any issues. That doesn’t sound normal at all. I’d contact XVIDA and let them know. Maybe they can help you.

I’ve been thinking of removing the suction cup and sticking some 3M VHB tape on there instead... any reason not to?
My reason for choosing this particular setup, was to avoid anything that could damage the car’s screen, or leave permanent residue. Also, since the longevity of car chargers is always a question, I didn’t want anything that I couldn’t change in a few years, if I wanted or needed to. 3M VHB tape is pretty strong stuff. Probably an ok solution, but may be difficult to remove, so just keep that in mind. There have been a few reports of people’s car screens cracking spontaneously too, so the less stress you put on it (like trying to pry off your mount when you eventually want to remove it), the better IMHO. Good luck!

Mine also has fallen off... probably about twice in 1 year as well, so It's not too bad.

I just purchased the new larger case from Xvida for the new iPhone 11 pro max, so hopefully my mount will hold up the extra weight okay (coming from the smaller iPhone X)

87F1C5FF-00EF-4BA2-B54C-E4BE3E73C513.jpeg
Has anyone who ordered the new iPhone 11 cases received their case yet?

I preordered mine more than a month ago and still haven’t received my 11 Pro Max case yet. Grrrr.... still naked.

Finally got my XVIDA iPhone 11 Pro Max case.
Works well with my original stand and now my phone doesn’t slip out of my pocket anymore. Nice simple case with smooth rubbery grip. The 3 camera lenses are recessed in the case.
Anyone wanna buy my old iPhone X XVIDA case which is in perfect condition? I need to let it go...

Reactions: fseir
Long term review? Still holding up good?
I've had mine since July 2018, and still love it. Since then, I’ve added the vent mounted chargers to my other cars, and having the ability to just snap the magnetic case to the chargers and not have to fumble with cables, has been revolutionary. In the meantime, my wife, who didn’t like the plain black XVIDA cases, has been using old school qi chargers, and has gone through two of them. The quality of those chargers is just awful compared with XVIDA. Now that XVIDA has started making more colorful cases, I’ve ordered one for my wife, as we’re tired of replacing those low quality chargers.

It’s so nice having waze in line of sight, and the screen in finger’s reach. I can tap it without taking my hand off the steering wheel. And having the vent blow cool air on it, should, in theory, enhance charging efficiency.

Only two minor negatives for me:

1. The suction cup issue, which hasn’t been a problem since I’ve gotten in the habit of gently pressing the suction cup down before mounting my phone (and XVIDA now sells the upgraded suction cup replacement, but I haven’t felt compelled to order it).

2. I still haven’t found a good way of routing the cable out of the center console, that will allow closing all of the console lids. As it is, I just leave the front lid open all the time, and it barely registers on my OCD meter.

Both of these issues are trivial, and way overcome by the benefits. I still consider this one of the best “upgrades” I’ve done on my model 3 (and my other cars), and wouldn’t trade it for any other charging solution I’ve seen to date.

BTW, I found this promo code online, good for 15% off, still valid as of Oct 2019: 3NTWY225XPJK

Hope this helps! :)

Only two minor negatives for me:

2. I still haven’t found a good way of routing the cable out of the center console, that will allow closing all of the console lids. As it is, I just leave the front lid open all the time, and it barely registers on my OCD meter.

My cable is able to go down thru the two black panels fine so that both doors are closed. I just wedged the cable in a bit Between the doors and it works fine and you can barely notice the cable because it is black. I didn’t cut anything out like some people have done earlier on this thread.

Re the suction cup - a new, improved one is available:
Suction Cup Mount - Replacement Pad
They said this fixes any that don't stick...we'll see. $12, shipped.
Well, I think it’s finally time to replace my suction cup. Ordering the new one. How’s yours holding up?

I think the adhesive on my old one is shot, although I haven’t tried washing it off, like they recommend. Maybe I’ll give that a try while I wait for the new one. In the meantime, I’ve been plugging my phone in to the old school dock, and man it’s awful having your phone way down by your knees!