Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review of 19” Goodyear Exhilarate UHP All Season Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just replaced my 19” Continentals with Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires. They are Ultra High Performance All-Seasons and have a slightly higher tread wear rating of UTQG: 500 AA A compared to the Conti’s. They run for $205 per tire. Goodyear has a $75 of a set of 4 tire promotion going on.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....utoModel=Model+3&autoModClar=Rear-Wheel+Drive

I live in Southern California so I just need a tire that handles dry and wet well. The Tire Rack comparison review rates the Goodyear Exhilarate highly.

I’ve had them for about a month and am really happy with them. They have a noticeably stiffer sidewall which you can feel (and I prefer) when cornering and they seem to be a bit grippier than the Conti’s as well. I’m no longer getting tire chirp when semi-aggressively accelerating into a right turn near where I work.

Even though the the Goodyear’s don’t have the foam insert like the stock Conti’s, road noise doesn’t seem any louder and ride comfort feels comparable.

I’m only a month in but so far I’m really happy with my purchase. Hopefully I get a little longer life out of the Goodyear’s vs the Continentals (30k miles.... replaced a bit early due to a blowout I had on the freeway).

Attachments

• B1963838-9B14-4D81-A45F-05B9C8D589A9.jpeg
    B1963838-9B14-4D81-A45F-05B9C8D589A9.jpeg
    626 KB · Views: 343
I've never had good luck with Goodyear tires and stopped using them 20 years ago. Loud, hard, excessive wear. The old saying is: "goodyear: good for a year" Things certainly change and products can improve.
Interested to hear your feedback after some more mileage on them.

Any updates on how the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires are holding up? I've just worn through my 3rd set of tires on my 2017 Model S.

Set 1: 27,804 miles (OEM, can't recall type)
Set 2: 37,100 miles (Michelin Primacy MXM4)
Set 3: 21,087 miles (Michelin Primacy MXM4)

My driving style doesn't vary, so I can't explain the wild variances in tread wear. Anyway, I'm thinking of trying the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires.

Last edited:
Any updates on how the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires are holding up? I've just worn through my 3rd set of tires on my 2017 Model S.

Set 1: 27,804 miles (OEM, can't recall type)
Set 2: 37,100 miles (Michelin Primacy MXM4)
Set 3: 21,087 miles (Michelin Primacy MXM4)

My driving style doesn't vary, so I can't explain the wild variances in tread wear. Anyway, I'm thinking of trying the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires.

Don't those mxm4 tires have a 60k mile warranty?

Don't those mxm4 tires have a 60k mile warranty?

I think it's 45,000 miles for the W rated tires, but in order to collect on a mileage warranty claim, you have to drive on the tires until they’re practically bald – down to 2/32 of an inch of remaining tread. It can be dangerous to drive on tires with so little tread. I'm down to 3/32 and didn't feel safe driving in the rain yesterday. I would also have to present the ORIGINAL receipt, not a copy as I normally keep, and then show proof of tire rotations every 6,000-8,000 miles. I only rotate every 10,000-12,000 miles, as Tesla suggests, and then only because it's free, not because the tires are wearing differently front to back. Then, if you can prove and document all of these requirements have been met you will get a pro-rated price refund for replacement tire(s), excluding all taxes, fees, stems, mounting, balancing, etc. charges.

I think it's 45,000 miles for the W rated tires, but in order to collect on a mileage warranty claim, you have to drive on the tires until they’re practically bald – down to 2/32 of an inch of remaining tread. It can be dangerous to drive on tires with so little tread. I'm down to 3/32 and didn't feel safe driving in the rain yesterday. I would also have to present the ORIGINAL receipt, not a copy as I normally keep, and then show proof of tire rotations every 6,000-8,000 miles. I only rotate every 10,000-12,000 miles, as Tesla suggests, and then only because it's free, not because the tires are wearing differently front to back. Then, if you can prove and document all of these requirements have been met you will get a pro-rated price refund for replacement tire(s), excluding all taxes, fees, stems, mounting, balancing, etc. charges.

Great to know that michelin makes it so much of a pain in the ass i'd rather buy new tires. I'm sure that isn't deliberate. :rolleyes:

Reactions: SSonnentag
I just replaced my 19” Continentals with Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires. They are Ultra High Performance All-Seasons and have a slightly higher tread wear rating of UTQG: 500 AA A compared to the Conti’s. They run for $205 per tire. Goodyear has a $75 of a set of 4 tire promotion going on.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....utoModel=Model+3&autoModClar=Rear-Wheel+Drive

I live in Southern California so I just need a tire that handles dry and wet well. The Tire Rack comparison review rates the Goodyear Exhilarate highly.

I’ve had them for about a month and am really happy with them. They have a noticeably stiffer sidewall which you can feel (and I prefer) when cornering and they seem to be a bit grippier than the Conti’s as well. I’m no longer getting tire chirp when semi-aggressively accelerating into a right turn near where I work.

Even though the the Goodyear’s don’t have the foam insert like the stock Conti’s, road noise doesn’t seem any louder and ride comfort feels comparable.

I’m only a month in but so far I’m really happy with my purchase. Hopefully I get a little longer life out of the Goodyear’s vs the Continentals (30k miles.... replaced a bit early due to a blowout I had on the freeway).
I just replaced the 19" Conti's on my LRRWD (vin ~25,000) Model 3 with Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires. I've only had them for a few hours but I'm noticing a rumbling sound at highway speeds (>45mph). Not so much vibration, but it's like there's a truck with a loud exhaust driving next to me, when in fact there is not truck. Small amount of vibration in the steering wheel but not excessive. Wondering if you've had this experience or if the tires may be defective.
Thanks.

I also replaced the 19” Conti on my LRRWD model 3 after 43,000 miles with Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires. After about 2,000 miles, I think they are quieter and handle similarly. One disappointment was that Goodyear tried but failed to align the tires. Went to Tesla the following week and they fixed the alignment.

Just finished talking to a tire shop. They have my S (with existing Exhilarate tires) after an accident repair. They said that the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate is not designed to handle the weight and acceleration of EVs, in particular Tesla cars. They recommend the Eagle Touring T1 instead.

Anyone else have heard this? This tire shop does a lot of work with the local certified Tesla auto repair, and have 4.9 stars on Google Maps.

Just finished talking to a tire shop. They have my S (with existing Exhilarate tires) after an accident repair. They said that the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate is not designed to handle the weight and acceleration of EVs, in particular Tesla cars. They recommend the Eagle Touring T1 instead.

Anyone else have heard this? This tire shop does a lot of work with the local certified Tesla auto repair, and have 4.9 stars on Google Maps.

What did you end up going with?