Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review of new MY Hitch Cover for all VIN's!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received mine today, but without instructions. Anyone have instructions and maybe a template for where to drill holes in my OEM cover? Don’t want to experiment or use putty.

it already arrived. However, the instructions and template were missing. Work has been crazy and I haven’t had a chance to go out and pick up some putty to try installing the way you did. I’m off Friday and will do the installation then. I’ll post a photo once installed.
@ScottNY Sorry, I through all of that out and garbage was picked up yesterday. Perhaps just have Marco scan and email you a copy as it's only a hand drawn and printed template and instructions.

Got mine, early last week as one of the pre orders
@BarokPogi Same here. I add and remove the ebike rack frequently and that OEM junk just wouldn't hold up. I'm finding this to be a great solution, as there aren't any other's out there right now, surprisingly.

View attachment 735651

Same! I use the hitch for our 1up superduty regularly. This makes it so much easier to install / remove. Very happy with it.

Another shout out to Marco for making this so much easier and great design!

Reactions: NYMYP and jebinc
Installed mine yesterday. Very easy. Was a bit stressed out cutting all the tabs off the OEM cover and drilling holes but it works perfect and looks trick.
I also used the "stick putty on the back side of the cover and press it against the hitch cover with screws in" to align the holes trick, instead of the supplied template.
Took an extra 5 seconds and was assured it was aligned properly.
I'd post a photo but it looks just like everyone else's sooo.
High end purchase for a hitch cover but come awn man, it's a Tesla, ya just gotta.
Excellent craftmanship on it as well.

Reactions: NYMYP and Gaige
Installed mine yesterday. Very easy. Was a bit stressed out cutting all the tabs off the OEM cover and drilling holes but it works perfect and looks trick.
I also used the "stick putty on the back side of the cover and press it against the hitch cover with screws in" to align the holes trick, instead of the supplied template.
Took an extra 5 seconds and was assured it was aligned properly.
I'd post a photo but it looks just like everyone else's sooo.
High end purchase for a hitch cover but come awn man, it's a Tesla, ya just gotta.
Excellent craftmanship on it as well.
Don’t worry, the OEM cover is a $16 item! I just picked one up for another mod I’m doing.

If it wasn't freezing cold here, I would have done a quick youtube tutorial on doing it with the putty method, which is really just super easy.
Mebbe someone here can do one and link it up then everyone can just watch the video to see how it is done, start to finish.
The template just had me worried a bit. Didn't want to botch it by being off or drilling out the holes backwards or something.

Reactions: NYMYP and jebinc