Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review of the Bridgestone Tourenza QuietTrack 19” replacements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chiming in for the first time on this thread. I have a 7 seater Y LR March 2021 build that I've driven 21,500 miles so far. At 17,150 miles, the week before Christmas, I swapped out my 19" Continental Procontact OEM tires for Bridgestone Turanza Quiettracks. Quiettracks are 6lbs heavier at 32 lbs per tire compared with the Contis (26lbs). Since then, I've driven about 4500 miles on the new Bridgestones intemps varying from -2F to 86F without seeing any reduction in efficiency other than increased energy consumption related to the extreme cold weather in Northern Illinois. I spent two weeks in South Florida after Christmas where the energy consumption on the new Bridgestones was on par with the Contis at ambient temps of 60-80F. Regarding highway noise, I noticed significant improvement with the Quiettracks, which I think may be due to the extra rubber on them (as well as the immediate comparison with Contis worn half way thru). The Quiettracks are warrantied for 80,000 miles. Riding comfort is slightly better overall, but significantly improved over expansion joints and concrete highways. No tracking or pulling on highways noticed, good steering feel, slightly sharper than the Contis I feel. I'm so far happy with the Quiettracks. I can't comment on snow performance as I am yet to drive in any significant amount of snow. I shall update as soon as we get six inches or more. The Trip A of 3568 miles is on Bridgestones at 70-80mph highway speeds with a roof cargo box and a fully loaded car with five passengers and a 70 lb dog. Hope this helps anyone looking for tire options.

Attachments

• PXL_20220110_172121006.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220110_172121006.MP.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 138
  • PXL_20220109_202006755.jpg
    PXL_20220109_202006755.jpg
    741 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Any more updates after another year has passed?
I actually went with Pirelli P7 AS+ 3. They are all-around better than the OEM 19" Continentals, and cost less too. However, they're not quite as comfortable as I remembered the first-gen P7 on my Model S, so next time I'm going to try Continental DWS06+ for more dry grip (at the expense of efficiency). The Y has so much power that flooring it still makes the car wiggle, not as bad as the OEM tires but I'd like more straight-line stability when putting the power down.

Overall the Pirellis are 5% less efficient than the OEM tires after 15K miles so far. Both sets of OEM and Pirelli tires were installed in the first half of August 2021 and August 2022, respectively, so very comparable commutes across the same time of year and seasons.

I thought I’d share my experience with these new tires as I had to prematurely replace my tires on my Model Y with only 26,000KM (16,000 Miles)

Some context: Recenlty I had the misfortune of going over a screw that was right on the wall of the Continentals that come with the car. After visits and opinions from multiple sources, including Tesla, it was obvious that the location of the puncture would not allow for a patch/plug or repair of any sort. It was here that I realized that Tesla roadside will not come out to see you for the repair, unless you agree to a tire replacement in the event the tire is not repairable... I guess as they don’t want to send a tech out only to be sent away leaving the owner without a drivable car. Tesla quoted me $450 CAD plus tax for 1 replacement OEM tire. My tread wear on these tires was already down to about 5-6 32nds. Which, I was also advised, would likely require 2 tire replacements on the same axel due to the uneven wear.

It was at this point that I was looking at about 1000 bucks to get 2 tires replaced, and then deal with uneven tire wear between front and back.

I did a bit of poking around but as it needed a solution I decided to just replace all 4 tires with the Bridgestone Tourenzas. I had slight concerns about the fact that they didn’t have the insulated foam like the OEMs, but the reviews seemed great, and the treadwear rating was quite high at 800... I called up my local tire place and was able to get a set of four out the door for $1220 CAD.

Now, I’m not a spirited driver... I drive a lot on the highways and typically try to game the lowest Wh/KM as I can... So I’m not the guy looking for the performance tire. I also was kinda bummed that my tires after only 26K Km were already at the point that they were... rears were quite more worn (to the eye) than the fronts... so this is mainly why I went with the Bridgestones.

WOW am I ever impressed

I can safely say that even with the lack of foam... these tires are QUIET! Going down the road I can say that the cabin noise has reduced compared to the OE tires. The only time I hear them a bit more is when going over any major compression at high speed... best case is the metal connectors you see on a highway when you are going onto an overpass or anything like that... you get a much more noticeable noise... but only when you go over that type of ‘bum’ (I compare it to the sound of a basketball when you dribble it). But I will take that every so often for the reduction in the consistent road noise the tires make.

As for efficiency, I don’t have a concreate answer yet, but it doesn’t seem to be too far off... I believe they are a bit less effiencent than the OEs but not by much. I haven’t had a nice day without wind or cold temps yet to go out for a long drive to test.

Anyways, figured I’d share my experience with these tires.. I’m happy to answer any questions!
Any more updates as another year has passed?

I actually went with Pirelli P7 AS+ 3. They are all-around better than the OEM 19" Continentals, and cost less too. However, they're not quite as comfortable as I remembered the first-gen P7 on my Model S, so next time I'm going to try Continental DWS06+ for more dry grip (at the expense of efficiency). The Y has so much power that flooring it still makes the car wiggle, not as bad as the OEM tires but I'd like more straight-line stability when putting the power down.

Overall the Pirellis are 5% less efficient than the OEM tires after 15K miles so far. Both sets of OEM and Pirelli tires were installed in the first half of August 2021 and August 2022, respectively, so very comparable commutes across the same time of year and seasons.
Thanks for answering as well. I remember you mentioning you liked the P7 AS3 except in the cold, where they didn’t perform well.

The Bridgestone QuietTrack has 80k miles warranty...but with EV, the burns through tires. Is the warranty still good in this case?
The warranty is prorated based on your use, so if they don't last 80k miles you don't get new ones for free... you get a discount applied to the next ones you purchase (e.g. if they lasted 40k miles you'll get 50% of what you paid as credit for the replacements, or something like that). So in that way, they'd be good.

The warranty is prorated based on your use, so if they don't last 80k miles you don't get new ones for free... you get a discount applied to the next ones you purchase (e.g. if they lasted 40k miles you'll get 50% of what you paid as credit for the replacements, or something like that). So in that way, they'd be good.
Thanks. If you buy it from Costco or discount tire, do those places honor the warranty or do you have to deal with the manufacturer?