Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review of the Bridgestone Tourenza QuietTrack 19” replacements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100% rear for normal acceleration, I've checked this many times with scanmytesla. 100% rear regen braking. Front motor starts to kick in at moderate acceleration, but never for my normal driving. For sure, the rear tires wear quicker.
This now makes me wonder about winter driving. I want AWD in slick winter conditions but does the RWD bias on the LR MY mean I’m effectively driving a rwd vehicle in snow? Doesn’t seem optimal!

The Long Range Model Y, Performance Model have traction control and stability control. The Model Y can apply power to the front wheels if the rear wheels start to slip. The OE all season tires (Continental and Goodyear) that come on the Long Range Model Y are not optimal for winter driving. Upgrading to better tires for winter driving will have the greatest impact on how the Model Y handles in snow, ice conditions.

Reactions: CyberCowboy
Also, I’m not sure if this is the case in the US, but Bridgestone has a 90 day money back guarantee which was one of the main reasons I went with these figuring I was one of the first people reporting new tires.
If you buy your tires at Discount Tire, they do the same thing for 30 days, regardless what tires they are, as long as you bought them from them.

Reactions: Stakis
Reviving this thread. How are the Quiettracks holding up? Seriously considering these for the Y mostly due to excellent reviews and the very high tread wear ratings as our EVs seem to eat tires much quicker.

As for tire rotation this is rather important as it will prolong the overall life of the tires especially since the Y tends to chew up the rears much faster than the fronts. I do rotate tires every spring and fall when swapping over to my dedicated winter wheel setup on every car I have ever owned with exception to a few which had a staggered directional setup making good rotation impossible. Tire Rotation

Reviving this thread. How are the Quiettracks holding up? Seriously considering these for the Y mostly due to excellent reviews and the very high tread wear ratings as our EVs seem to eat tires much quicker.

As for tire rotation this is rather important as it will prolong the overall life of the tires especially since the Y tends to chew up the rears much faster than the fronts. I do rotate tires every spring and fall when swapping over to my dedicated winter wheel setup on every car I have ever owned with exception to a few which had a staggered directional setup making good rotation impossible. Tire Rotation
They have been great. Now I’ve had them exposed to winter conditions and I’m super impressed with their snow performance for a AS tire.

My recommendation stands.

So far I’m up to 26,000km (whatever in miles) last tread wear check was at 8 32nds. Noise hasn’t bothered me but I also have an older Y with none of the fancy new glass so YMMV. I haven’t noticed any performance dips in the car but I’ll also warn that I’m not a “performance” driver, my goal is efficiency.

Reactions: Pianewman
Wish I had read this post prior to today! Woke up this morning to a low tire pressure warning (nail in tire), so I took my SR Model Y to America's Tire. Was told the nail was in an area that could not be repaired (too close to sidewall), but the guy steered me away from the Quiettrack and, instead, recommended that I just get the same OEM tire, i.e., the Continental ProContact, even though I told him I'd consider replacing all four tires.

His explanation was that, because of the foam insert, the Continentals would be a quieter tire. Also, since the Continentals were the OEM tires, it was "optimized" for EV's, whereas I would see a significant range hit with the Bridgestone tires.

Didn't have time to research the issue, so I just went with his recommendation. Ended up getting two tires replaced - one w/ the nail in it, and one tire that was already down to 3/32" (I've got less than 9K miles on my Model Y). Like @Stakis, I'm not a performance driver, so when the time comes again for new tires, I'll just get the Bridgestone Quiettrack Turanzas.

Reactions: matj1285
Wish I had read this post prior to today! Woke up this morning to a low tire pressure warning (nail in tire), so I took my SR Model Y to America's Tire. Was told the nail was in an area that could not be repaired (too close to sidewall), but the guy steered me away from the Quiettrack and, instead, recommended that I just get the same OEM tire, i.e., the Continental ProContact, even though I told him I'd consider replacing all four tires.

His explanation was that, because of the foam insert, the Continentals would be a quieter tire. Also, since the Continentals were the OEM tires, it was "optimized" for EV's, whereas I would see a significant range hit with the Bridgestone tires.

Didn't have time to research the issue, so I just went with his recommendation. Ended up getting two tires replaced - one w/ the nail in it, and one tire that was already down to 3/32" (I've got less than 9K miles on my Model Y). Like @Stakis, I'm not a performance driver, so when the time comes again for new tires, I'll just get the Bridgestone Quiettrack Turanzas.
I hate to say this but I wonder if he wasn't selling you what he had in inventory rather than what you wanted.

I hate to say this but I wonder if he wasn't selling you what he had in inventory rather than what you wanted.
Absolutely possible that he was just trying to sell me whatever he had in inventory. Lesson learned for the next time I need new tires.

With that said, in another thread, an owner of a Model S stated he saw an efficiency hit with the Bridgestones. An owner of a Model 3 said the same thing, although people seem to agree that the Bridgestone is a quiet tire.

Absolutely possible that he was just trying to sell me whatever he had in inventory. Lesson learned for the next time I need new tires.

With that said, in another thread, an owner of a Model S stated he saw an efficiency hit with the Bridgestones. An owner of a Model 3 said the same thing, although people seem to agree that the Bridgestone is a quiet tire.
I saw the same reviews after the fact and had myself all worried but I have been pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: JLOC

Gah. I was in the exact same scenario. Nail in the tire and zero time for extensive research. Luckily it worked out, I was mainly sold by the longer tread life.

I’m sure by the next round there will be specific EV branded tires that we can all try.

Reactions: JLOC
Nice, how do you like the grip? Have you used them on snow? I've thought about them for my next set.
Much, much improved in the snow. Power consumption is higher, but it's been so cold, it's hard for have a good comparison. They ride much smoother and are quieter too. They aren't as snappy in the turns as my old tires. Maybe the higher profile, maybe the touring tire style, maybe the new deeper tread... like a combination of these.

Reactions: jsight