Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review - ShowerCap Rain/Dust cover and daVinci Art Print

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK - couple other reviews I have been meaning to post.

First off - I love top down driving but when I get to work I don't want to put the soft top on days it might rain. I started thinking about putting my full cover on/off but that seemed like a bigger pain then the soft top.

I found this showercap on ebay for Elise/Tesla from Europe for under $100 and decided to give it a try.

It is pretty sturdy fabric, folds up so small it fits in the "glove box" shelf (did come with a cover), and has elastic that basically hooks around each side view mirror and then the back of the car. Goes on in less than a min and with the windows up to hold it up will keep out most rain and all sun and dust/leaves/dirt.

Negatives? The fabric is a little rough and depending on where you park the wind really makes it flap around and against the car (had to buff out some swirl marks). I am going to try a few soft 3 lb hand weights to weigh it down and see if that helps.

NOTE: In the picture, I was trying it out just over the spoiler vs around the whole back of the car. I do not recommend it (too loose).

Overall I really like it for simplicity and convenience and it pretty closely matches the color of the car.

Car cover/ showercap for Lotus Elise MK1 black | eBay

I would give it a 7.5 out of 10 and well worth $100.

Second review is of a print.

In my Facebook feed I saw these daVinci style prints and new I had to have it for less than $20. They came well packaged in a tube and I added my own frame. Wife loves it too so a bonus!

Tesla Roadster (2011) da Vinci Sketch Art Print (#689)

Many other cars as well.

10 out of 10 no brainer on this one for the money.

Attachments

• 1587426426896-d95e3df8-cfd0-4fe8-bca7-03e679f8976c_.jpg
    1587426426896-d95e3df8-cfd0-4fe8-bca7-03e679f8976c_.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20200420_184615.jpg
    IMG_20200420_184615.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20200331_073248.jpg
    IMG_20200331_073248.jpg
    727.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20200331_073239.jpg
    IMG_20200331_073239.jpg
    749.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Informative
Reactions: RobsJester
First off - I love top down driving but when I get to work I don't want to put the soft top on days it might rain. I started thinking about putting my full cover on/off but that seemed like a bigger pain then the soft top.

I found this showercap on ebay for Elise/Tesla from Europe for under $100 and decided to give it a try.

how is the top condom easier than the soft top? That takes about a minute to put on too.

• Funny
Reactions: Bunnak
This folds up very small inside the car (don't have to fetch soft top out of the trunk, remove everything on top of it in the trunk, get it out of the bag, place the supports, put it on).

Also my Soft Top is basically new and requires a lot of force on/off.

With this you basically hook over one side mirror, toss over the other side, hook over other side mirror, and then pull the elastic around the back.

Saying it takes 1 min is probably over estimate.

Also provides a lot more protection from the sun (windows are all covered vs soft top).

Makes s
This folds up very small inside the car (don't have to fetch soft top out of the trunk, remove everything on top of it in the trunk, get it out of the bag, place the supports, put it on).

Also my Soft Top is basically new and requires a lot of force on/off.

With this you basically hook over one side mirror, toss over the other side, hook over other side mirror, and then pull the elastic around the back.

Saying it takes 1 min is probably over estimate.

Also provides a lot more protection from the sun (windows are all covered vs soft top).

Makes sense. Looks as if rain might tend to puddle in the center though making a small lake?

what size DaVinci poster did you go with?

i got a shower cap from Elise Parts in the UK.

it doesn't fully cover the side windows, but it does have some round foam inserts in the lower front edge that can tuck between the windshield and hood to secure it. i also use some binder clips on the roll bar to hold the rear in place
img_20191026_162319-jpg.470610

Reactions: IslandRoadster
Where I live, by the ocean, that would immediately blow off and become airborne. It needs tiedowns IMHO.

Also, It will over time catch dirt and leave tiny scratches.

Not sure about catching dirt but agree that the wind by the ocean would be a problem.

I have a couple 3 LB soft hand weights I am experimenting with that fit in the center shelf to give it some weight / stability in the wind so it doesn't blow around as much.

I'll let you know how that goes next time I setup on a windy day.