Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review: Tesla’s new Model S P85D—double your engines, double your fun

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a strange review. It starts out with the author seeming to question why a tesla even exists and he offers lots of innuendo about the high price. Then he proceeds suggest the you'll grow bored with the acceleration, only to reference the ongoing excitement of fast take-offs later in the article. Finally the summary of the article seems to be written by someone else completely because it suggests how great the car is and how much it will be missed.

I do agree that the USB panel seems kind of chintzy though.

Overall a very positive review. I agree that it is also a weird review. The authors perspective is a bit...off. There are lots of comparisons to the P85+ which the author also test drove two years ago. I also have to say it was a fair review since the author makes his review very personal. He also responds to a number of comments in the comments section. Basically the most negative thing he says is that he can't afford the car.

Actually I think this is a very good review by someone who seems to love most aspects of the car with an almost childlike sense of admiration. In fact that review could have been written by me, come to think of it. He gives a very fair representation of the car's abilities as well as its remaining little flaws imho.
Thumbs up.