TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

REVIEW: ToughPRO Tesla Model X Floor Mats Set

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by arijaycomet, Feb 17, 2017.

1. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

[​IMG]

FULL REVIEW HERE:
    QUICK LOOK: ToughPRO Tesla Model X Floor Mats Set

Finally had a chance after washing the car today to get some proper interior photos. Loving these mats-- thanks to the folks here on the forums for pointing them out. I'm all about a bargain, and compared to the pricing Tesla or WeatherTech want, I think the ToughPRO are worth getting instead.

My only argument for the Tesla/WT mats would be their shape creates a bowl/bucket that would hold moisture better. Are, the honeycomb shapes would only hold so much moisture, and it could roll off the mat itself. But again, when you look at their function and price combined, these make FAR more sense than anything else IMO.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. jlund

jlund Member

nice review!

You mentioned how heavy the mats are and how it fits snugly. We are wanting to get the 6/7 seater third row down and the third row up trunk mats for our dog and cargo protection. How easy is it to get access to the trunk compartment? Hoping you can still throw bags, etc underneath the mat easily enough.

3. nikeykid

nikeykid Member

Nice review. After seeing how much the full set of weather tech mats cost finally, I decided to buy toughpro too, arriving tomorrow. I will take your suggestion and lay them flat first.

4. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

Based on the weight of the mats I got, the trunk mats you're talking about wont be too bad because they arent the HUGE size of the 2nd/3rd row sections. Plus you could probably fit the smaller (3rd row UP) mat in the front trunk when you're not using it. I don't think you'll find it too heavy or anything.

My bigger concern would be the larger mat (3rd row down)-- are you going to store that in the vehicle somewhere when you arent using it? I'd prob suggest leaving it at home, flat. Leaving it anywhere, rolled up, might create a "roll set" like I was talking about. So just watch out for that... :)

If you find after 24-hours it hasn't laid back to flat, you could try to introduce some heat. At some point here I plan to take the front passenger mat out, and try to roll it against the "set" -- but worse case, the wife's hair dryer set to high-heat might help too. My business is a metal stamping & gasket fab shop, and over 20+ years of getting rubber in roll settings I've learned that rolling back against the set, and in some cases, adding heat-- are some tricks to try. Let us know how you end up.

BTW-- the front mats were rolled the "wrong" way so they curled up at the edges -- but the way I got my box, the rear mats were rolled so that they were high in the middle (cupped) and low on the sides, so those were less an issue. In truth the front passenger mat was the only one that I really feel was curled enough to need some tweaking still.

5. jlund

jlund Member

great thanks! I was concerned that the mat would hug the edges and not roll easily if you want to open the trunk compartment to get underneath.

If we are going to be using the third row, we would definitely pull it out and leave it at home.

6. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

There is some grip-grabbing texture on the underside of the mats in the cabin. I would assume the same will exist for trunk mats. You may find it helpful to grab a second person to lift at the same time just to help move it up off the carpet surface first. But yeah overall I suspect you'll be fine!

Take photos of the trunk mats and post them here when you get them will be curious to see!