Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review: Unplugged Performance Moderate Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do any of you guys still have the creaking noise? Is this something I should be worried about? Planning on getting moderate or low springs

I've got loud clicking noises coming from the front axle when turning, and a clunking sound when hitting dips in the rear. I'm on their first version mild springs. I've got an appointment tomorrow to get their revised version 2 mild springs. We'll see how it goes.

I've got loud clicking noises coming from the front axle when turning, and a clunking sound when hitting dips in the rear. I'm on their first version mild springs. I've got an appointment tomorrow to get their revised version 2 mild springs. We'll see how it goes.

I had the same issue, they'll swap our the springs isolators to make it better. What happens is that the original one is so thin that it shifts and rubs off against your struts.

Did the version 2 springs resolve the clicking noises? I'm strongly considering the mild springs but am a little hesitant due to the noises that have been reported by several users.

Anyone ordered SR+ UP moderate springs recently and still waiting? UP originally said it would be ready 8 weeks from July and now it's pushed back to December. I have a feeling it's going to get pushed back again in December. Kinda annoying when their time line is so off.

I bought a set of unplugged performance lowering springs (moderate), I did the install myself, Bought a spring compressor. the job wasn't hard at all. It took me approx 4hours. I am very pleased with the look. The stance is incredible. TESLA should have made the ride height lower by 1.5 inches.

The issues, Well the ride is a lot bumpier. Not as smooth compared the OEM springs. Here's the bad part. About 3 weeks, my front suspension started making some noise. I went to TESLA to have it checked out. No good, the Upper ball Joint was damage, perhaps because of the new geometry (angle) where the upper control arm sits. I need to point out that the bolt that squeezes the ball joint tread sheered a little, As a result, TESLA, made me replace the Upper control arm and on the invoice high recommended that I replace to OEM the coil springs to avoid future damage to the suspension. All of this cost me 500$. I'm not very happy. I kept the part they replaced. I was really worried it was going to be way more expensive. The part only costs 277$ Canadian with a wheel alignment. Yet TESLA would not do a wheel alignment because of the lowering springs. I'll have to get it done elsewhere.

If I had to do it again.. NO...

• Helpful
Reactions: chrisnuggets
I bought a set of unplugged performance lowering springs (moderate), I did the install myself, Bought a spring compressor. the job wasn't hard at all. It took me approx 4hours. I am very pleased with the look. The stance is incredible. TESLA should have made the ride height lower by 1.5 inches.

The issues, Well the ride is a lot bumpier. Not as smooth compared the OEM springs. Here's the bad part. About 3 weeks, my front suspension started making some noise. I went to TESLA to have it checked out. No good, the Upper ball Joint was damage, perhaps because of the new geometry (angle) where the upper control arm sits. I need to point out that the bolt that squeezes the ball joint tread sheered a little, As a result, TESLA, made me replace the Upper control arm and on the invoice high recommended that I replace to OEM the coil springs to avoid future damage to the suspension. All of this cost me 500$. I'm not very happy. I kept the part they replaced. I was really worried it was going to be way more expensive. The part only costs 277$ Canadian with a wheel alignment. Yet TESLA would not do a wheel alignment because of the lowering springs. I'll have to get it done elsewhere.

If I had to do it again.. NO...

Do you have any photos of the damaged pieces?

Do you have any photos of the damaged pieces?
I have the upper control arm they replaced, I do not have the damaged screw bolt, but I saw it. The control arm rubber bushing was leaking, Tesla shop said it was because of excessive stress? To be honest, I am not impressed so far. I contacted U.P. But have yet received any feedback.

I'll take a picture of the part tomorrow.
For now, I have a clip of the noise I'm hearing... Nasty. I hope the video uploads.

I am unable to upload the video, the squeaking is constant when driving on uneven pavement, such as. Rough icy covered road. It's really annoying. Unacceptable.

Last edited:
Here’s the part they replaced. Now I have that really annoying squeaking noise every time the suspension flexes , This has tons too . If anyone is considering lowering springs Think again The ride won’t improve and squeaks and other issues will come your way. Not to mention. Tesla will deny any warranty if they find anything wrong with your car

Attachments

• A7515CD7-AD4F-4D61-B750-4E4A2B5463CE.jpeg
    A7515CD7-AD4F-4D61-B750-4E4A2B5463CE.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 216
Here’s the part they replaced. Now I have that really annoying squeaking noise every time the suspension flexes , If anyone is considering lowering springs Think again The ride won’t improve and squeaks and other issues will come your way. Not to mention. Tesla will deny any warranty work if they find anything wrong with your car