TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Review view mirror replacement

Discussion in 'Model X' started by snoopycr, Jun 25, 2017.

1. snoopycr

snoopycr Member

The rear view mirror is tiny. Any recommendation for a larger snap on rear view mirror? Thanks.

I constant have to adjust it depending on how my seats are.

2. animorph

animorph Member

I'm pretty sure I can see the entire rear window opening plus a little more all around. I don't think a larger mirror would let me see anything more unless it was big enough to start seeing out the side windows.

• Funny x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  3. JPP

JPP Active Member

Use the MCU touchscreen and keep the rear backup camera on at all times. I leave mine/ours in the bottom half. Nice wide angle view. way better than any rear view mirror. And, of course, be sure to adjust your outside rear view mirrors properly (search these forums for the method...).

4. outie

outie Active Member

Just FYI, if you add a snap on mirror or replacement mirror it most likely will prevent your sunshade from snapping in place.

5. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I concur, there is no point in getting a larger mirror. The existing mirror (if properly angled) will show the complete view out the back window.

• Like x 1
  6. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

That must be terrible!