Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reviews of Tesla Body Repair in Bellevue, WA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Unfortunately my car got backed into some rocks at the edge of a driveway, resulting in some upsetting rocker panel and plastic moulding damage. I've been getting quotes for fixing (hoping to do it out of pocket). A Tesla approved body shop in Seattle want to charge over $3k, but Tesla's own body repair in Bellevue quoted under a third of that. Looking at the quote, the non-Tesla body shop labour rate is 2x Tesla, and they're are also quoting much more labour - items that aren't on the Tesla estimate include 3h of powering down the 12v + high voltage system, an hour of "reset tesla toolbox" and $228 of paint supplies, which Tesla seems to be including in their hourly rate. The actual repair/refinish/painting time is basically the same between them.

I'll probably get another quote (any recommendations?) but just wondering if anyone had experience with Tesla in Bellevue? Not sure if the Seattle body shop is overcharging me or Tesla is underestimating. Couldn't find any reviews of the Tesla shop really online.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Unfortunately my car got backed into some rocks at the edge of a driveway, resulting in some upsetting rocker panel and plastic moulding damage. I've been getting quotes for fixing (hoping to do it out of pocket). A Tesla approved body shop in Seattle want to charge over $3k, but Tesla's own body repair in Bellevue quoted under a third of that. Looking at the quote, the non-Tesla body shop labour rate is 2x Tesla, and they're are also quoting much more labour - items that aren't on the Tesla estimate include 3h of powering down the 12v + high voltage system, an hour of "reset tesla toolbox" and $228 of paint supplies, which Tesla seems to be including in their hourly rate. The actual repair/refinish/painting time is basically the same between them.

I'll probably get another quote (any recommendations?) but just wondering if anyone had experience with Tesla in Bellevue? Not sure if the Seattle body shop is overcharging me or Tesla is underestimating. Couldn't find any reviews of the Tesla shop really online.

Thanks!

absolutely great experience there, Doug Dubois is he is still there is extremely helpful and it typically is cheaper because Tesla doesn’t charge for the toolbox time you said since it’s their software, I’m assuming that’s why. I have had a front bumper, rear bumper replacement as well as fixing up a rear quarter panel.

absolutely great experience there, Doug Dubois is he is still there is extremely helpful and it typically is cheaper because Tesla doesn’t charge for the toolbox time you said since it’s their software, I’m assuming that’s why. I have had a front bumper, rear bumper replacement as well as fixing up a rear quarter panel.

Doug did my estimate! Quickly and efficiently over email with the photos I sent vs the other body shops, so that’s positive. Just got one more estimate from a shop in Redmond and that’s $4k so going to go with Tesla out of pocket and fingers crossed.

Thanks for your reply, made me feel more confident.

I also just got an estimate for some scratches on my front bumper from the bellevue collision center (which i just found out about) and it was 1/3 of the cost of the tesla certified body shop i went to. Seems pretty reasonable cost-wise but i dont know the quality of the work yet.

I also just got an estimate for some scratches on my front bumper from the bellevue collision center (which i just found out about) and it was 1/3 of the cost of the tesla certified body shop i went to. Seems pretty reasonable cost-wise but i dont know the quality of the work yet.
So in terms of bumper replacements if memory serves me right Tesla charged me around 1100$ for a new pre painted front bumper and I was in and out in 3 hours. The certified bodyshop wanted 2.5k they wanted to fill in the crack on the bumper and repaint it.

So in terms of bumper replacements if memory serves me right Tesla charged me around 1100$ for a new pre painted front bumper and I was in and out in 3 hours. The certified bodyshop wanted 2.5k they wanted to fill in the crack on the bumper and repaint it.
Had same situation with rear bumper. Had 2 small punctures from being rear ended and Tesla quoted $1.1k for replacement and body shop ~$2k. Insurance actually paid for the body shop repair because they wanted better paint color blending since the bumpers are prepainted from Tesla.

I also got backed into and my front bumper got a few small scratches that were through the clear coat (Seattle has the worst drivers!) Body shop quoted ~$2.5k and Tesla collision center quoted ~$750 for the repaint.

Doug did my estimate! Quickly and efficiently over email with the photos I sent vs the other body shops, so that’s positive. Just got one more estimate from a shop in Redmond and that’s $4k so going to go with Tesla out of pocket and fingers crossed.

Thanks for your reply, made me feel more confident.
How was your experience with the Body Repair Center? I just got a quote from them which is much cheaper than the certified body shops around Bellevue and Redmond and I am thinking of getting my rear bumper replacement/repair done there.
In my case the repair quote is ~$1k And replacement is ~$1.4k.

Had same situation with rear bumper. Had 2 small punctures from being rear ended and Tesla quoted $1.1k for replacement and body shop ~$2k. Insurance actually paid for the body shop repair because they wanted better paint color blending since the bumpers are prepainted from Tesla.

I also got backed into and my front bumper got a few small scratches that were through the clear coat (Seattle has the worst drivers!) Body shop quoted ~$2.5k and Tesla collision center quoted ~$750 for the repaint.
What did you end up doing? Did you get the rear bumper painted? Which color was the bumper?

Apologize on replying to an old thread, but was wondering if anyone has used Calliber Collision for their tesla repair. They seem to be a certified collision repair shop for Tesla (based on tesla site). My insurance wants me to go there as they seem to be in their network of centers.