Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Revised Model 3 user manual for Europe 2021.12.25 / 2021.24 / 2021.32

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of interest I wonder, I've not looked at my "on-board" user manual in my M3 since new (Sept'20) but does anyone know if it changes along with the various car software updates or is it 'frozen in time' (of purchase)?
I'm not sure but I recommend that you don't bother looking at the one in the car if you have a laptop or other computing device handy. I have found that it is one of the few ways to actually cause a screen system crash requiring a lengthy reboot!

There seems to be a big change to the servicing intervals! (Unless i missed it before)

"4 year" battery coolant/fluid service is now a "life time"

OLD

Old.JPG

New

New Manual.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
What’s not so easy to determine with Tesla if that’s the cars they make now or all cars. Go back a few years and transmission fluid change was recommended on the MSX after a year, then it was dropped, but was that because they found nothing needed doing or because they started to use a better long life lubricant, and of course the cars already shipped may have had the older oil. I’m not sure I like changing policies to be honest or the lack of a digital service log for the car you can access.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer
The manuals seem to take some time to get out and can skip a complete version. As an ex software developer, I was always used to producing the user documentation alongside or in advance of the implementation. It's called a specification. Writing it helps to reveal potential user problems, such as making controls (apparently such as the wiper control in the holiday update) less accessible,

The manuals seem to take some time to get out and can skip a complete version. As an ex software developer, I was always used to producing the user documentation alongside or in advance of the implementation. It's called a specification. Writing it helps to reveal potential user problems, such as making controls (apparently such as the wiper control in the holiday update) less accessible,
I'd let them off if they properly followed the Agile philosophy of working software over comprehensive documentation. But they don't seem to always follow the 'working software' part. ;)

Reactions: MrJaffro