Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Revision E battery and range upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an August 2019 build Raven LR with a Revision E battery. Should I anticipate any range upgrade next week, or should we anticipate it’ll be limited only to the Revision F batteries?

Also, what battery revision do the just pre-Raven 100D’s have? D or E?

I have an August 2019 build Raven LR with a Revision E battery. Should I anticipate any range upgrade next week, or should we anticipate it’ll be limited only to the Revision F batteries?

Also, what battery revision do the just pre-Raven 100D’s have? D or E?
My MS was built in April 2019 and has revision D, oddly it came with HW3.
MSbattery.png

This label was under the frunk on the passenger side. I raised the suspension to get the shot easier.
Thanks, kkillebrew. Don’t bother crawling under the car. Raise the suspension to very high (Model X) and look behind the back edge of the front tire towards the middle of the car. The sticker with the battery version is the most forward of the two stickers.

Mid-September build (Raven) - battery version E.

Attachments

• CA5A16F4-D29C-44AE-9F90-EAF14520301C.jpeg
    CA5A16F4-D29C-44AE-9F90-EAF14520301C.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 261
  • 23244711-6741-4333-8148-6C7786B8CE85.jpeg
    23244711-6741-4333-8148-6C7786B8CE85.jpeg
    518 KB · Views: 374
Thanks, kkillebrew. Don’t bother crawling under the car. Raise the suspension to very high (Model X) and look behind the back edge of the front tire towards the middle of the car. The sticker with the battery version is the most forward of the two stickers.

Mid-September build (Raven) - battery version E.
Yep now I remember that is exactly what I did - it's been a while

Also have revision E battery - Sept 2019 Model X LR

Just out of interest, I was searching to see if there was a list of all the battery revisions and how they differed - couldn't find anything. Anyone know if a list exists?

Also have revision E battery - Sept 2019 Model X LR

Just out of interest, I was searching to see if there was a list of all the battery revisions and how they differed - couldn't find anything. Anyone know if a list exists?
I’d like to know when the version F batteries came out. Anyone own an Oct-Dec Model X that could check their battery version and let us know what they have? Thanks.

upload_2020-3-28_14-56-42.png
I have been watching a couple different sources, and everything I have read indicates that F batteries get the range increase, E batteries do not.
I've been seeing the same thing but I'm hoping someone has gotten it...or...there is something definitive that says absolutely no range increase for Rev E and when the batteries changed.

I've seen (online) an 11/19 build that was a 'Long Range Plus' and I've seen a 1/20 build that was only a 'Long Range'. When you combine that with Elon's 2/14/20 tweet it's very confusing.
upload_2020-3-28_14-59-26.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-28_14-58-9.png
    upload_2020-3-28_14-58-9.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 189
I think that tweet is partial balony with his „recent months“. I guess he meant „made in dec 2019 and jan or feb 2020“ as they so far, it seems that november 2019 and earlier cars (like mine) have E packs and can forget about that range upgrade. More and more evidence point to only „F pack“ cars getting it.

All those people that read „recent months“, thought „what does that mean“ and hoped that „Q4 2019“ cars where meant also, will largely be disappointed :(

Btw. Here in Europe, the configurators don‘t show a „Long Range Plus“ version as the USA configurator does and the range shown is the same as in 2019.

Last edited: