Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Revision F Battery Pack?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The part that would say "DUAL MTR" would be at the very top of the sticker. This is cropped off in your picture unfortunately.

Here is the full pic

68134094-2698-4082-aa1c-d7d9089c5ddc_zpsb9b0fe72.jpg

Perhaps you can do a teardown and reassembly of your P85D battery to completely put the question to rest? :p

lol.

Well, I did crawl underneath. Nothing really visible from the under side. I fished a camera up under the maintenance cover in the frunk all the way down to the top of the battery. Front of the battery looks the same. I see no new connectors there. Also, the HV wiring to the front drive unit appears to run off towards the driver side, up towards the fender, then disappear into the frame. This pretty much confirms my original guess that they ran wiring for the front motor to the back junction box similar to how they run the wiring for the DC-DC and other HV stuff up front (with wiring on the passenger side).

- - - Updated - - -

vlcsnap-2014-12-26-12h34m22s214.png

vlcsnap-2014-12-26-12h37m31s46.png

Most likely newer revs are due to battery swap stations are being build. This is rather new tech for model s, and might need minor adjustments to the battery pack to work smooth. I Guess that you will need atleast E to be able to swap the battery pack automatically.

If anyone having a D,E or F pack could take pics if the nuts holding or allignments stuts. We might be able to prove/unprove this teori.

Most likely newer revs are due to battery swap stations are being build. This is rather new tech for model s, and might need minor adjustments to the battery pack to work smooth. I Guess that you will need atleast E to be able to swap the battery pack automatically.

No, all packs are swap capable. I have a written statement from Tesla Service saying my car is 100% compatible.

My p85d built last week has the E pack

One thing to remember about Tesla part numbers is that the revision letter is part number specific. Rev E on p/n 1031043 doesn't necessarily tie to Rev E on p/n 1014114. Tesla may have manually tried to match for ease of service, but that cannot be guaranteed. The 60 kWh and 85 kWh revisions are known not to be in sync with each other.

The wiki with part numbers is here - might be good to list your car in the table:
Battery table - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Different part numbers have different revisions. The current 70A pack is rev A, for example.

All of the previous discussion about "A" packs vs. "B" (e.g., 90 kW Supercharging) and other letters are only applicable to the 85 single motor pack. Rev letters apply to specific part number bases (e.g., 1014114). You can't compare rev of an 85D pack to rev of 70D pack or 85 pack or 60 pack.

Here are the part numbers we've seen for 85 kWh packs so far. "Max rev" is based on what I have seen in pictures here, but I may have missed one.

• P/N 1014114 is described as "ASY,HV BATTERY,S3,MDLS" and is a new 85 kWh pack, max rev F
  • P/N 1025273 is described as "ASY,HV BATTERY,S3BB,REMAN" and is a remanufactured 85 kWh pack, max rev D
  • P/N 1031043 is described as "ASY,HV BATTERY,S3BB,DUAL MTR,MDLS" and is a new 85 kWh pack for dual-motor operation, max rev E
  • P/N 1055519 is described as "ASY,HV BATTERY,S3,DUAL MTR,MDLS" and is a new 85 kWh pack for dual-motor operation, max rev B

Care to venture a guess as to what "BB" means?

Last edited: