TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Revisiting that backup sensor option with a new idea

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Brightonuk, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Brightonuk

Brightonuk Member

I have come across this system that overlays the backup information onto your existing screen.

http://www.rydeenmobile.com/parking%20sensors/Parking-BL-612PM.html

As the Tesla does not have an aux input I was thinking it could be wired to activate when in reverse by tapping into the backup camera feed maybe using a modified hookup that is used for the front camera mod.

As some of you excel in modding the electronics I was hoping that I could get a few pointers if this is viable or don't even try it.

I tried Tesla but they were not overly enthusiastic with modding the S so I am turning to the Smart Ones her on TMC any thoughts if this could work?

2. swegman

swegman Active Member

Only the tesla camera will work with the 17 inch touchscreen. No other camera will work.

3. Brightonuk

Brightonuk Member

You may be correct I thought it did not use a camera.......... oh well another idea bits the dust

4. swegman

swegman Active Member

The rydeenmobile website indicates that the monitor is not included. It also says the camera is sold separately.